Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I completely disagree. If we scrapped a 1-0 win from a set-piece against the run off play with poor performances throughout team I would think we are in for a very long season. That performance on the other hand gives me confidence that we have enough to easily finish outside the bottom 7 because we played very good football in the second half, created some excellent chances, our new signings Tim and Ndiaye look like fantastic additions and they had a positive effect on players like Harrison, McNeil and DCL. Quality of performance at this stage of the season is more indicative of points tally in the long run than results are.
If you can’t even win when you’re playing well against some of the worst opposition in the league though (despite being 2-0 up with 3 minutes of normal time left???) what’s the point? Performances don’t keep you up, points do

I completely disagree. If we scrapped a 1-0 win from a set-piece against the run off play with poor performances throughout team I would think we are in for a very long season. That performance on the other hand gives me confidence that we have enough to easily finish outside the bottom 7 because we played very good football in the second half, created some excellent chances, our new signings Tim and Ndiaye look like fantastic additions and they had a positive effect on players like Harrison, McNeil and DCL. Quality of performance at this stage of the season is more indicative of points tally in the long run than results are.

That's sounds like saving your best penalty taker in a shoot out for last when the first 3 pens have been missed.

So, we tried and tried and we scored 2. Sitting in the stands I could see the players looked spent at about 80 mins. The best thing Dyche could do was to change the team. I was screaming this from my seat in the top balcony.

How he only brought Beto and Doucoure on baffles me. Everyone looked done in. I just don’t get it. I like Dyche but I jsut don’t get it.

Obviously we should be able to see out a 2-0 lead in a game we're dominating but i cannot see the logic in that subsitution, if ndiaye stays on the pitch we win, it was compounded by bringing on dacoure as a like for like, surely we need another body in the centre at that point? Still feel more confident about this squad than last years, think there's a better balance plus ndiaye is going to be a serious x factor that we haven't had since James was here

Obviously we should be able to see out a 2-0 lead in a game we're dominating but i cannot see the logic in that subsitution, if ndiaye stays on the pitch we win, it was compounded by bringing on dacoure as a like for like, surely we need another body in the centre at that point? Still feel more confident about this squad than last years, think there's a better balance plus ndiaye is going to be a serious x factor that we haven't had since James was here
If you think n’diaye should have stayed on then as I’ve said elsewhere you were not there. The lad was finished and had been for 5 minutes. Ran himself into the ground. Not that Doucoure should have come on

blame the players
Because it's the players that determine a win or a loss.

Nothing Dyche did was responsible for the disgrace that was the end of that game.

There's no reason that ANY of the subs that Dyche made there should have resulted in the outcome that occurred.

Let's sack him, waste of space..

LOL

So why does he keep picking some of them?
Even Stevie Wonder could see that playing McNeill,Harrison,Keane and Doucoure is going to be a problem…there’s enough evidence based on past performances.

As I've said previously, we should have been able to bring on our nippers and still have won that game.

Also, I thought Harrison, who I think is a good player(Lacking pace) had a very good game.

Dwight also played a lovely ball for a goal, like he can do.

And Keane scored with a lovely finish..

It's the mentality of losers that cost us in the end, that is my opinion.

An ingrained horrible mentality that only a change of players can alter, I think even in this dark day here we saw a little of that though.

I don't blame the manager, at all.

You're new here I take it?

You'll get used to it 👍
Oh, I thought you had an opinion.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back