Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because it's the players that determine a win or a loss.

Nothing Dyche did was responsible for the disgrace that was the end of that game.

There's no reason that ANY of the subs that Dyche made there should have resulted in the outcome that occurred.

Let's sack him, waste of space..

LOL

As I've said previously, we should have been able to bring on our nippers and still have won that game.

Also, I thought Harrison, who I think is a good player(Lacking pace) had a very good game.

Dwight also played a lovely ball for a goal, like he can do.

And Keane scored with a lovely finish..

It's the mentality of losers that cost us in the end, that is my opinion.

An ingrained horrible mentality that only a change of players can alter, I think even in this dark day here we saw a little of that though.

I don't blame the manager, at all.

Oh, I thought you had an opinion.
He could surely see what was happening as could we all. He took off our only threats for 2 players who can;t trap a bag of cement,. Players were goosed all over the park - but you must have legs in crucial positions.
Centre mids were done as were Coleman and Myko. We were done by 3 fairly basic crosses. No closing down and unmarked men in the 6 yard box.

I've seen people blaming everybdoy including the fans.
If we lose the first two matches by 7 to nothing and lose the third in a way
no team since at least 1990 has, it's fall on the sword time.
Dyche is a rescuer not a manager

If you can’t even win when you’re playing well against some of the worst opposition in the league though (despite being 2-0 up with 3 minutes of normal time left???) what’s the point? Performances don’t keep you up, points do
Good performances are more indicative of final points total than results. It's not a difficult concept. If we carry on playing like that we will be absolutely fine once Branthwaite comes back. We played some of the best stuff I have seen for a while in the second half and miraculously seem to have signed two players with genuine quality on the ball.

And that is the managers fault?
Name the legendary manager you've seen in England who's team has been that much of a gutless clownshow in the 87 minute.
you will have to go back beyond last century. No, good managers don't have teams do that.
Dyche has always been good enough at getting the short term result. This car is dead, the dog won't hunt, ex parrot etc etc

I feel dyche is too old school, too defensive although that's not showing this season. It's very annoying when you see lesser clubs get up and coming managers with modern innovative ideas on how to play the game. I think dyche has done what he can for everton but now we need to look to the future. I say get graham potter in. Not sure if everton can afford to pay dyche off? It will be just our luck to start in the new stadium in the championship. I guess it's been on the cards for years. Very worried fan here!!

Don’t get why some are so polarised, it’s not just one issue today.

We know the players are shithouses, we’ve seen it so many times, we are still mentality midgets.

Todays problem was we were doing great and absolutely bossing the game for 75+ mins, but a few were totally spent, in particular Tim, Gana, Coleman and Myko.

The manager has to see the same as us and make the changes and get some instructions on to stop flying forward at every opportunity and for a few to go down injured for a few mins, and just kill the game at 2-0.

We had garner, Dixon, O’Brien and lindstrom still sat on their jacksies before they scored, it’s pathetic.

The subs he made I can sort of forgive, Ndiaye could have finished the game since it’s international week, but ok, just don’t stop there - get more legs on and slow it all down.

You can say the players on the field should take responsibility, but if they don’t have any legs left then it’s on the manager to do something to address what’s going wrong.

Instead he tells us he started screaming at them…… what a manager.

Amazed he hasn’t blamed the fans along with throwing the players under the bus for todays disaster.

we have to take positives from the performance for the 75+ mins, its was miles better, but do they outweigh the awful negatives…..

Wish I was just numb, but it’s just pain I feel, completely gutted for my kids and super Kev, who’s day was spoiled.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back