Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I seem to recall the legendary Carlo Ancelotti unable to get a tune out of this team + players we can only dream of now.

Despite what I've read on here, I remember us winning games but being absolutely terrible.

Wake up people, players win or lose games.

Most of our players are terrible and it continues..

We've had enough managers, there's a common denominator here, and it's that most of these guys are still here.
that is true. 7 or 8 managers since moyes and they were all garbage? Still you don't lose the first two like we did and then do this. well, I mean dyche does

He did look tired to me, he gave it socks for the whole game and was burned out.

I gather that Dyche perceived, like I did(And you, admit it?), that the game was over.

It should have been..

Regardless of who was on the pitch.

I'll not jump on the manager bashing for things I see with my own eyes.

There's NO REASON that that game should have finished as it did, bar the same reasons(Not the manager) it has done before.

He didn't look tired to me, the same with Lewin. There were other players out there who looked out on their knees. We were coasting, Bournemouth were no threat, that was until Mr negative Dyche decided to defend a 2-0 lead when we were coasting by putting Doucoure on, he didn't need to do that.

Someone just mentioned the attacking momentum stats, for 80 odd minutes it was all us, as soon as Ndiaye went off all the attacking momentum was from Bournemouth. By the way, we should have defended better but for me Dyche takes the bulk of the blame for todays defeat.

also fergeson was winning everything and that happened. dyche is disaster, disaster, ship sink
He really isn't. He's done a great job keeping us up two seasons running. That was an appalling collapse but it's something I have seen under numerous Everton managers and with much better players than this current group.

He didn't look tired to me, the same with Lewin. There were other players out there who looked out on their knees. We were coasting, Bournemouth were no threat, that was until Mr negative Dyche decided to defend a 2-0 lead when we were coasting by putting Doucoure on, he didn't need to do that.

Someone just mentioned the attacking momentum stats, for 80 odd minutes it was all us, as soon as Ndiaye went off all the attacking momentum was from Bournemouth. By the way, we should have defended better but for me Dyche takes the bulk of the blame for todays defeat.
It something managers always do though. They bring on taller more defensive players for the last 10 minutes. I don't understand why our structure was suddenly so bad and we were so easy to score against.

He really isn't. He's done a great job keeping us up two seasons running. That was an appalling collapse but it's something I have seen under numerous Everton managers and with much better players than this current group.
I envy your levelheadedness. I do wonder WHO would manage us if we sack him. we are becoming a manager killer club
would love to see it turned around then look back on this and laugh but this after those first two results I want to just smash
things and fire people

Because it's the players that determine a win or a loss.

Nothing Dyche did was responsible for the disgrace that was the end of that game.

There's no reason that ANY of the subs that Dyche made there should have resulted in the outcome that occurred.

Let's sack him, waste of space..

LOL

As I've said previously, we should have been able to bring on our nippers and still have won that game.

Also, I thought Harrison, who I think is a good player(Lacking pace) had a very good game.

Dwight also played a lovely ball for a goal, like he can do.

And Keane scored with a lovely finish..

It's the mentality of losers that cost us in the end, that is my opinion.

An ingrained horrible mentality that only a change of players can alter, I think even in this dark day here we saw a little of that though.

I don't blame the manager, at all.

Oh, I thought you had an opinion.
Yes you are correct” Nothing that Dyche did was responsible for the disgrace that was the end of that game.” It was was what he didn’t do and that was bring on different subs to the ones he brought on and three or four not two. That defeat was totally down to the manager today and I’ve supported and backed Dyche since he came here.

Involuntary laugh when I refreshed my phone to see that not only had we thrown a 2 goal lead, we'd also lost ! That takes some doing lads.

A real shame because it sounded like we'd got it right for most of the game.

We need to be beating Bournemouth at home.

Can Dyche get a response at Villa ?

It’s going to be a tough one to shake off that.
The wife has already just got off.
She knows there’s a few days of sulking and feeling sorry for myself coming from this.

If you think n’diaye should have stayed on then as I’ve said elsewhere you were not there. The lad was finished and had been for 5 minutes. Ran himself into the ground. Not that Doucoure should have come on
Wasn't there no, he came off when there was 14 minutes left to play, I think he should have stayed on for another 5,knackered or not bournemouth were afraid of their lives of him and were already beat while he was on the pitch, it was like a light bulb moment for them to have a go and not having to worry about doucs and beto at the other end....it was cumulative though, thought Tim looked more knackered so him being subbed at that point would have been a better option, he gave the ball away badly for their 3rd goal, if he had been rested he'd have left the pitch having played brilliantly and we would have won.....also to note our right back problem is very worrying, seamus to me looked completely off the pace today and that was against a team that did nothing till the last 8 mins of the match

It something managers always do though. They bring on taller more defensive players for the last 10 minutes. I don't understand why our structure was suddenly so bad and we were so easy to score against.

I could understand if Dyche brought on Doucoure because we were under the cosh mate but we were coasting the game. I think as soon as he took Ndiaye the game changed because Bournemouth were doubling up on him when he was on because he was a massive threat, once he went off they actually started committing more players forward.

Someone just mentioned the attacking momentum stats, for 80 odd minutes it was all us, as soon as Ndiaye went off all the attacking momentum was all from Bournemouth.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back