Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's sounds like saving your best penalty taker in a shoot out for last when the first 3 pens have been missed.
That's a fairly bizarre response. There are 35 games to go. We have dropped points from 2-0 up numerous times (I think that's the third or fourth time just against Bournemouth off the top of my head) even under Moyes, Martinez and Ancellotti when we had much better players. Performances are more indicative of long term points accumulation than short term results are. It's not a hard concept to understand.

Name the legendary manager you've seen in England who's team has been that much of a gutless clownshow in the 87 minute.
you will have to go back beyond last century. No, good managers don't have teams do that.
Dyche has always been good enough at getting the short term result. This car is dead, the dog won't hunt, ex parrot etc etc
I seem to recall the legendary Carlo Ancelotti unable to get a tune out of this team + players we can only dream of now.

Despite what I've read on here, I remember us winning games but being absolutely terrible.

Wake up people, players win or lose games.

Most of our players are terrible and it continues..

We've had enough managers, there's a common denominator here, and it's that most of these guys are still here.

Name the legendary manager you've seen in England who's team has been that much of a gutless clownshow in the 87 minute.
you will have to go back beyond last century. No, good managers don't have teams do that.
Dyche has always been good enough at getting the short term result. This car is dead, the dog won't hunt, ex parrot etc etc
Utd 4 - Everton 4. Ferguson should have been sacked after that.

We didn't need a goal though, just some players at the end with a little composure that don't mentally collapse.

Bournemouth were petrified of Ndiaye, he was leading them a merry dance, every time he got the ball they were doubling up on him, he was our out ball, he didn't look tired, Bournemouth didn't look like scoring, he was actually a good line of defence for us, so why take him off?

Don’t get why some are so polarised, it’s not just one issue today.

We know the players are shithouses, we’ve seen it so many times, we are still mentality midgets.

Todays problem was we were doing great and absolutely bossing the game for 75+ mins, but a few were totally spent, in particular Tim, Gana, Coleman and Myko.

The manager has to see the same as us and make the changes and get some instructions on to stop flying forward at every opportunity and for a few to go down injured for a few mins, and just kill the game at 2-0.

We had garner, Dixon, O’Brien and lindstrom still sat on their jacksies before they scored, it’s pathetic.

The subs he made I can sort of forgive, Ndiaye could have finished the game since it’s international week, but ok, just don’t stop there - get more legs on and slow it all down.

You can say the players on the field should take responsibility, but if they don’t have any legs left then it’s on the manager to do something to address what’s going wrong.

Instead he tells us he started screaming at them…… what a manager.

Amazed he hasn’t blamed the fans along with throwing the players under the bus for todays disaster.

we have to take positives from the performance for the 75+ mins, its was miles better, but do they outweigh the awful negatives…..

Wish I was just numb, but it’s just pain I feel, completely gutted for my kids and super Kev, who’s day was spoiled.
I don't understand why we don't do tactical fouls. We just invite balls into our box and seem so easy to score against.

I’ve just looked at the league thinking we are on 3 points and we are on 0. When does this ever happen to us? Someone plays us off the park yet we nick a rest. It’s backwards. Does my head in.

Because it's the players that determine a win or a loss.

Nothing Dyche did was responsible for the disgrace that was the end of that game.

There's no reason that ANY of the subs that Dyche made there should have resulted in the outcome that occurred.

Let's sack him, waste of space..

LOL

As I've said previously, we should have been able to bring on our nippers and still have won that game.

Also, I thought Harrison, who I think is a good player(Lacking pace) had a very good game.

Dwight also played a lovely ball for a goal, like he can do.

And Keane scored with a lovely finish..

It's the mentality of losers that cost us in the end, that is my opinion.

An ingrained horrible mentality that only a change of players can alter, I think even in this dark day here we saw a little of that though.

I don't blame the manager, at all.

Oh, I thought you had an opinion.
No, you thought you did. I'd wager you clapped Bill's shiney kite too. 👊🏻

Bournemouth were petrified of Ndiaye, he was leading them a merry dance, every time he got the ball they were doubling up on him, he was our out ball, he didn't look tired, Bournemouth didn't look like scoring, he was actually a good line of defence for us, so why take him off?
He did look tired to me, he gave it socks for the whole game and was burned out.

I gather that Dyche perceived, like I did(And you, admit it?), that the game was over.

It should have been..

Regardless of who was on the pitch.

I'll not jump on the manager bashing for things I see with my own eyes.

There's NO REASON that that game should have finished as it did, bar the same reasons(Not the manager) it has done before.

Just got home, I’m angry and frustrated, but all I keep coming back to in terms of blame is Kenwright. He got us in this situation. Whatever manager we have, his hands will be tied.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back