Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I seem to recall the legendary Carlo Ancelotti unable to get a tune out of this team + players we can only dream of now.

Despite what I've read on here, I remember us winning games but being absolutely terrible.

Wake up people, players win or lose games.

Most of our players are terrible and it continues..

We've had enough managers, there's a common denominator here, and it's that most of these guys are still here.
I agree with your points, only consistent is the dross of players we still have. None of them are good enough to get us out of the situation we have been in the last 4 seasons.

I envy your levelheadedness. I do wonder WHO would manage us if we sack him. we are becoming a manager killer club
would love to see it turned around then look back on this and laugh but this after those first two results I want to just smash
things and fire people
Oh 100% understand that sentiment and been there many times but I'm away on holiday and trying not to spoil it for the rest of the family. Branthewaite will be back soon and we will improve us considerably. Tim and NDiaye may turn out to be our best signings since the Baines/Arteta/Pienaar days. They both have genuine quality and class.

He did look tired to me, he gave it socks for the whole game and was burned out.

I gather that Dyche perceived, like I did(And you, admit it?), that the game was over.

It should have been..

Regardless of who was on the pitch.

I'll not jump on the manager bashing for things I see with my own eyes.

There's NO REASON that that game should have finished as it did, bar the same reasons(Not the manager) it has done before.
Sorry mate, can’t agree with giving Dyche a free pass because der professhunal footballers.

I’ve already said we know we have bottlers for players, they are mentality midgets.

The manager can and should be affecting the game when anything is going wrong, he thought Ndiaye was done( looked ok to me) but didn’t see Coleman, Gana and Tim dead on there feet so didn’t bother subbing them?

He could smell it was going wrong but just screamed at them instead of making a tactical sub and getting a few of them over to calm it all down and get some instructions out to them?

The fella is a joke as much as any of the players. I’ve had better Sunday league managers.

that is true. 7 or 8 managers since moyes and they were all garbage? Still you don't lose the first two like we did and then do this. well, I mean dyche does
Again, not our managers fault, and to relate completely different players in a completely different environment serves no purpose.

You blame the manager, I do not.

He didn't look tired to me, the same with Lewin. There were other players out there who looked out on their knees. We were coasting, Bournemouth were no threat, that was until Mr negative Dyche decided to defend a 2-0 lead when we were coasting by putting Doucoure on, he didn't need to do that.

Someone just mentioned the attacking momentum stats, for 80 odd minutes it was all us, as soon as Ndiaye went off all the attacking momentum was from Bournemouth. By the way, we should have defended better but for me Dyche takes the bulk of the blame for todays defeat.
Wouldn't disagree my friend but the game SHOULD have been over, we shouldn't be conversing about this at all in my eyes.

As I said, it should've been easy to just see that game out today regardless of who's on the pitch, and we never have this conversation.

But no, we did what we ALWAYS do and here we are..

Maybe Seán's a cocky MF ???

I don't believe so, and I blame the players.

Gonna go get pissed now fellow sufferers, one thing we have in common at least.

GN.

Sorry mate, can’t agree with giving Dyche a free pass because der professhunal footballers.

I’ve already said we know we have bottlers for players, they are mentality midgets.

The manager can and should be affecting the game when anything is going wrong, he thought Ndiaye was done( looked ok to me) but didn’t see Coleman, Gana and Tim dead on there feet so didn’t bother subbing them?

He could smell it was going wrong but just screamed at them instead of making a tactical sub and getting a few of them over to calm it all down and get some instructions out to them?

The fella is a joke as much as any of the players. I’ve had better Sunday league managers.
We both have the same objective but I don't agree my friend.

Unbelievably there were a lot of positives to that game earlier(Bar the last few mins) so let's try stick to that, if possible.

Off to get pissed, have a good night all.

Sorry, we play them off the park and the opposition nick it. When does it happen to us? It may be the drink talking but I cannot believe what i have seen today.

I am slowly loosing faith in Everton. 39 years and I’m now like, this makes me miserable, do I jib it. It’s horrible but that’s how I feel.

i feel you mate x

Sorry, we play them off the park and the opposition nick it. When does it happen to us? It may be the drink talking but I cannot believe what i have seen today.

I am slowly loosing faith in Everton. 39 years and I’m now like, this makes me miserable, do I jib it. It’s horrible but that’s how I feel.
I feel you mate. I went through the exact same thing today. Everton has only taken, not given. And I've felt miserable almost every weekend.

But I noticed I can't stop caring. Non of us really can. And even if we would be relegated Everton would still be Everton and our love for the club would still be there.

So I concluded that I can't stop caring about Everton but I can stop caring what other people think. If someone likes to take joy of our misery then let them. I can choose not to care. I'll take the heartbreak of today ten times over than supporting some team like Bournemouth, Newcastle, City, or West Ham.

Yeah, it feels like [Poor language removed] today. But it won't feel like this always. This too will pass.

Stay strong, brother.

Again, not our managers fault, and to relate completely different players in a completely different environment serves no purpose.

You blame the manager, I do not.

Wouldn't disagree my friend but the game SHOULD have been over, we shouldn't be conversing about this at all in my eyes.

As I said, it should've been easy to just see that game out today regardless of who's on the pitch, and we never have this conversation.

But no, we did what we ALWAYS do and here we are..

Maybe Seán's a cocky MF ???

I don't believe so, and I blame the players.

Gonna go get pissed now fellow sufferers, one thing we have in common at least.

GN.

Who do you think is to blame ?…..don’t just say ‘ the players’, name names and why…..

Honestly I am so close. It’s not cos we are getting beat, I can handle defeats, it’s the manner. This is not the Everton I love. We are awful. We cannot continue in this way.
I want to ask them to take me off the season ticket waiting list. What’s the point.

it’s all balls at the minute mate

but i stand by its all the ownsership

Apart from Pickford, Keane, Coleman, Doucouré and Dom, it's not the same team, at all.

Holgate, Allan, Richarlison, Delph, Gylfi, King, Mina, Iwobi, Rodriguez, Gomes, Godfrey, Davies and Gbamin have all gone or aren't currently here.

So just the spine and captain then...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back