Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched the game with a bournemouth fan and he was salty till the 80th minute where they couldn't even string a pass together then they loaded the wings and wrecked us I believe they made 4 changes by that time and we hadn't made a single change, when they won he didn't celebrate as he was so stunned by the outcome 😂

I just watched the interview with Ped on Sky Sports in which he basically laid the entire blame on Dyche for the collapse. While I agree that Dyche got the subs all wrong and it changed the course of the game drastically, let's not absolve the players here from some of the blame. Did Doucoure and Beto suddenly cause Mykolenko and others to forget their defensive assignments in cutting out crosses into the box?

Yes, Dyche botched this horribly and is largely to blame (in taking out Ndiaye and not putting in Garner for starters), but there were 11 professional footballers out there with a job to do for the final ten minutes and they failed miserably. Mostly Dyche, partly the players in my view, it is rarely all or nothing. Hopefully, we can take some positives away from this game and learn from mistakes. Let's also hope Branthwaite does not miss too many more games.

The last time Everton won a Premier League match in the month of August came the 28th August 2021 at Brighton, and at home 2 weeks earlier v Southampton. We have lost 8 & drew 3 in the month of August since. August as well as nearly every other month is a bad month if you support Everton :lol:
That's crazy.

We always give ourselves too much to do.

The last time Everton won a Premier League match in the month of August came the 28th August 2021 at Brighton, and at home 2 weeks earlier v Southampton. We have lost 8 & drew 3 in the month of August since. August as well as nearly every other month is a bad month if you support Everton :lol:
And that season we finished in 16th, so having a great August doesn`t really mean your set up to have a good season.

Bally in his report pointedly put out that the collapse was down to Dyche. He took off Ndaiye the best player on the pitch which was welcomed by the Bournemouth players, this should not have been done. In addition Bally questioned why does Dyche keep selecting Keane. Okay he scored the first goal but his
overall performance was dreadful, adding that Keane should never have been played.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back