Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last time Everton won a Premier League match in the month of August came the 28th August 2021 at Brighton, and at home 2 weeks earlier v Southampton. We have lost 8 & drew 3 in the month of August since. August as well as nearly every other month is a bad month if you support Everton :lol:
When you play pre season games against Sligo rovers and Salford what do you expect

So under prepared at the start of every season

These flags were magnificent btw on Saturday. Love the ‘places I’ll remember’

Wish I was this creative. Well played, very well played.
IMG_0197.webp

Bottom line for me is that even if our players were tired, we were in control.

Dyche bleated on last season that if the game plan is working, a sub can do more harm than good so he won’t make them.

Our gameplan was working perfect and instead of doing what he always does, he actually changes it and we lost our edge.

If you combine that with the fact that we have a 2 week break now, our players have plenty of time to recover because how many are actually going on international duty? DCL certainly isn’t.
He should be on international duty.......in the FrenchForeign Legion.

Massive positive - for 75 minutes we were in the box seat, playing well, creating, defending as a team and actually looking like we could play football. But we ran out of steam because too many players Harrison, McNeill, Iroegbunam and Tarkowski (who isn't fully fit) had run themselves into the ground. I thought DCL and Ndiaye still had much to offer energy wise. We needed fresh legs on, particularly in midfield Garner and Doucoure should have come on for Iroegunam and McNeill and Young for Harrison. Then Beto for DCL and Lindstrom for Ndiaye. We didn't have the legs to stop the crosses coming in and that exposed our weaknesses - Pickford doesn't command his six yard box and stays rooted on his line - goal 1 and 3 - the second, poor observation from Tarkowski and Iroegbunam should have picked him up but was too knackered.

This defeat is down to Dyche not using his 5 subs, just as the way we played for 75 minutes is down to Dyche starting to assemble a team that can play.
Good post that.

Dyche must wake up thinking he's in a sick nightmare
The players let Dyche down and the blue nose fans 💙 on Saturday
I left at 2 2 having told my mate theres.a winner coming
I was home watching sky as the 3rd hit the net
We are going down
Bolton next year

Massive positive - for 75 minutes we were in the box seat, playing well, creating, defending as a team and actually looking like we could play football. But we ran out of steam because too many players Harrison, McNeill, Iroegbunam and Tarkowski (who isn't fully fit) had run themselves into the ground. I thought DCL and Ndiaye still had much to offer energy wise. We needed fresh legs on, particularly in midfield Garner and Doucoure should have come on for Iroegunam and McNeill and Young for Harrison. Then Beto for DCL and Lindstrom for Ndiaye. We didn't have the legs to stop the crosses coming in and that exposed our weaknesses - Pickford doesn't command his six yard box and stays rooted on his line - goal 1 and 3 - the second, poor observation from Tarkowski and Iroegbunam should have picked him up but was too knackered.

This defeat is down to Dyche not using his 5 subs, just as the way we played for 75 minutes is down to Dyche starting to assemble a team that can play.
Or down to the management who cant get us fit enough to last 90 mins... its 3 games in ffs

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back