Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no doubt the defeat was on Dyche's substitutions however before theses wo spurned very good chances to increase our score.

Dyche's explanation for taking off Ndaiye was he was fatigued holy cow he is young supposed to be fit and there was only just over 10 minutes to go. Those subs upset the whole manner in which we had been playing, add to that subbing should be done around the 60 mark.

Wish we had a boss who would sack him.

The craziest thing to me is that the small band of Dyche defenders say he’s the pragmatic boss. The discipline boss. The smart subs to hold a lead boss. The kind of strong organized defence and direct attack football that saves struggling clubs kind of boss. But that’s not him at all. The defence is poor. The attack is basically the players just figuring it out as best they can. And the subs and the discipline?!?!? My god. He’s obviously not a progressive attacking manager. So people think he must be something. And that something is they pretend he’s Moyes when he’s another bloody Lampard. God help us. We can’t wait until Christmas.

Gngb blues.....
I speak from experience....(only 45 like 😆)
This is Everton...
We will see worse than this one day.....but never give up on them....One day (hopefully in my lifetime)
We will rise again!
Especially you young blues....
How boss did It feel when we won the Derby last year?
The scenes on county road when we stayed up?
We are the People's club always have been always will be.....
Don't even consider going to the dark side!
YOU are chosen!
I wore my Everton top with pride today walking past my local boozer!
UTFT! 💙

It was a pretty good performance for 80 minutes yesterday, but wary of reading too much into that as Bournemouth were truly shocking and didn’t look much better than Doncaster at times. Some of their misplaced passes were comical. I can only assume it was poor by their normal standards.

There is no doubt the defeat was on Dyche's substitutions however before theses wo spurned very good chances to increase our score.

Dyche's explanation for taking off Ndaiye was he was fatigued holy cow he is young supposed to be fit and there was only just over 10 minutes to go. Those subs upset the whole manner in which we had been playing, add to that subbing should be done around the 60 mark.

Wish we had a boss who would sack him.

No, it was a complete lack of professionalism from the players on the pitch. This kind of collapse simply shouldn’t happen in professional football, especially at this level.

No, it was a complete lack of professionalism from the players on the pitch. This kind of collapse simply shouldn’t happen in professional football, especially at this level.
This. All they had to do was stay solid as a unit.

They just stopped trying.

Interesting to see the club have still yet to put the highlights on YouTube.

This. All they had to do was stay solid as a unit.

They just stopped trying.

Interesting to see the club have still yet to put the highlights on YouTube.
No, the players were knackered from an excessive preseason training program- same as last year - with a dinosaur manager unable to see the need for changes. It is part of the game now. Tim, seamus and gana were absolutely worn out and needed replacing. Compare and contrast with the actions of the Bournemuth manager.

I've been lost with all the fume but....
I forgot to say what a lovely moment to see Super Kevs family at Goodison with our amazing fans!
That's the best part of the day for me!
RIP Super Kev x
I didn’t realise that they were there (I wasn’t at the game) until I saw it on MOTD. That just twisted the knife in even more, that those clowns couldn’t honour a man who’d never take a backwards step on a football pitch.

Replacing DCL with Beto was an error. He should have kept their defence busy and replaced Harrison with Beto. Beto just needs more playing time to start scoring regularly, you can't score if you only get last 10mins all the time). He's a bit ungainly but does get and keep the ball and score. I'm not a Keane fan but I thought he had a good game, but yes, absolutely, Dixon should start. I'm no longer a Dyche fan. He deserves an award for his positivity last season that came good. But he's comfortable as a "Burnley" manager and he likes the challenge of relegation fights so has no ambition. However, we fans don't. So fans should decide it's time for a change. Thank you Shaun and Good Luck in your next job. I'm 71, a Blue all my life (my choice, not my parents) but I bet I could beat some of our team in the last 5 mins. Horrid.
Oh, and while I'm on one, DCL, please stop kissing the badge till you've signed aa new contract!!!

Its a Bank Holiday here in the US which just means an extra weekend day to prolong the agony.

Saturday - jubilation at our great 85 minutes followed by disbelief and shock
Sunday - angry and disillusioned
Monday - just sitting here shaking my head ...why?

I've seen a few people praising the first 80-odd minutes. I'm going to upset a few people, and something awful, but the first half wasn't that good. It was the second half that we played some good stuff. Mostly down to Ndiaye. A half that they couldn't see out.

Last edited:
I've seen a few people praising the first 80-odd minutes. I'm going to upset a few people, and something awful, but the first half wasn't that good. It was the second half that we played some good stuff. Mostly down to Ndiaye. A half that they couldn't see out.

Agree with you, first half was a bit meh for the most part. For the majority of the second I thought we were excellent, Ndiaye and Tim especially. The last few minutes was a disgrace and I’m not having this “oh stop moaning “ routine we get after bad games, we all know were that starts from and has for years.

The manager is well paid as are the players, take accountability and go out there against Villa and look to get a result. I don’t care how much they have improved, there is no point in turning up if you are just going to accept another bad day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back