Match Thread Everton 3-0 Doncaster Rovers - EFL Cup Second Round - Tue 27 Aug 7:45pm

Your Everton MOTM vs Doncaster Rovers

• Total voters

It was a win but I think the performance lacked a bit. Doncaster had some good chances and moved the ball around well at times. Second half was better though and the first goal was like a weight off the players shoulders. I'm not overly convinced and still nervous ahead of Bournemouth
Totally agree. We laboured at times. First time for me seeing Tim, looks a class act. Thought Seamus did well, O'brien looks comfortable and Ndiaye certainly offers something.
Little disappointed in Lindstrom, light weight and looked off the pace.

It’s still the passing that frustrates me though either under hit or over hit, we can’t seem to hit a player in stride it’s either behind him so he has to stop to collect the pass or straight at the player instead of in front of him so slowing down the move. Although tonight was better, it’s still an issue, plus we do have to take in the quality of the opposition.

Running on empty a bit after being in work all afternoon then heading straight to the game but I thought it was a very professional performance from the lads tonight, all 4 of the new lads played well, Tim and Illiman especially, the latter’s goal capping it off and thought Beto looked strong in parts but clumsy in others yet deserved his goal

The big question is now if we can take tonight’s performance into Saturday and get our first league win

Totally agree. We laboured at times. First time for me seeing Tim, looks a class act. Thought Seamus did well, O'brien looks comfortable and Ndiaye certainly offers something.
Little disappointed in Lindstrom, light weight and looked off the pace.
Yeah i was disappointed in Lindstorm (though first proper game) but he seems kinda slow and defo light weight.

N'diaye has good ball control - not always going to come off but better than doucs and should be more central.

O'Neil must be the easiest player in the league he is so one sided.

O brien seems steady and comfortable with the ball.

Why Dixon didn't come on for coleman baffles me - he seems pretty quick well in comparison to everyone else.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back