Match Thread Everton 3-0 Doncaster Rovers - EFL Cup Second Round - Tue 27 Aug 7:45pm

Your Everton MOTM vs Doncaster Rovers

• Total voters

It was slow and industrious first half, however it was nice to see some growing confidence in the 2nd half and some decent football, albeit against L2 opposition.

Ndiaye and Iroegbunam are two players I'm already becoming quite fond of, because they want to play positive football on the front foot - they try things.

McNeil looked a completely different person after 'his goal' (poor Tim), however if that can rekindle some confidence in him and rebuild form, I won't complain.

Beto worked hard and it was nice for him to score, yet I still have concerns about him starting over Dom come the weekend. As above, hopefully he can find form.

For me, Beto needs to concentrate more on his own play and movement rather than the opposition around him because it's losing him that yard or two.

It's the first win of the season, and at home too, so that voodoo is now off our back; hopefully, the squad can go into Saturday with some optimism.

That was the first game I've been to in a while, first time sat in Park End for about 5 years. I've missed the Everton da's huffing the whole game.

Complaining about passing it round the back only for Keane to hoof it to Beto which only results in more moaning and groaning.

Best shout was Ashley Young should have had a 3 match ban.

Doncaster only sang about Everton after using their 3 chants in the first 10.

UTFT

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back