Match Thread Everton 3-0 Doncaster Rovers - EFL Cup Second Round - Tue 27 Aug 7:45pm

Your Everton MOTM vs Doncaster Rovers

• Total voters
Pretty much a perfect evening, 3-0, good showings for the new lads, minutes for players coming back from injury and minutes for a couple of youngsters.

In my opinion, more than enough on show from those dyche has deemed not ready tonight, but I fear he will revert to the usual dross against Bournemouth.

Tim was absolutely excellent, closely ran for motm by jimmy garner, who was positive, aggressive and wanted to pass forward. I’m excited by them two in the midfield going forward.

Lindstrom grew into it and again showed enough to get minutes, against a very physical side. Probably would have been better had he actually played more previously.

Skiliman ndiaye was much brighter second half, after going missing in the first and took his goal brilliantly.

O’Brien was assured and competent at the back, and was the better cb of our two. No way he shouldn’t have played more minutes for us.

Well done to Coleman for his performance after injury.

Shoutout to Beto, thought he did great and should be starting for us - fully committed and hard grafting, unlike DCL.

Ashley Young is betting on himself to be sent off, hope he’s nowhere near the team again.

Part one of a big week successful - let’s see what we do against Bournemouth.

Tim was again the pick of the bunch, thought Coleman and Garner did well too. O'Brien still isn't ready to start games.

Almost the perfect evening just a shame Harrison or McNeil couldn't get a goal.

Once the nerves went it was ok. Not a fan booing our own players as they come on though, as I heard the odd few do with Ashley Young.

I get the feeling some people are determined not to enjoy tonight’s win.

Roman Dixon is rapid, Ndiaye is quality, Beto is a boss chaser of lost causes and ran his legs off.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back