Everton 6-1 SK Brann - 21st Feb 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for last nites match. Besides from getting my mobile phone stolen, I felt very welcomed in liverpool. You was a great bunch. I enjoyed the stay and even the match.
Games in febuary is a bonus for us. We knew we did not have chance. SO conceeding 6 goals was no problem really. We still got to celebrate a goal. ANd thats all we could have asked for.
I was very proud of the support we showed are team yesterday. We gave are best.
I hope you enjoyed the brann fans and that we made an impression

You were all brilliant fans. Singing your heart out when you were 6-1 down was impressive. Good luck with your season.

Brilliant or stupid? I really couldnt see Everton fans singing if we put in a performance like that.

Have to agree Halewood.

Personally I struggle to understand the logic. Is it lack of passion?

To me, its natural to be annoyed and frustrated to see your team losing. I certainly wouldn't be in the mood to jump up and down cheering if we was losing 6-1.

Have to agree Halewood.

Personally I struggle to understand the logic. Is it lack of passion?

To me, its natural to be annoyed and frustrated to see your team losing. I certainly wouldn't be in the mood to jump up and down cheering if we was losing 6-1.

I would be calling for heads to roll not doing some stupid dance and waving a scarf above my head. Its got be either a lack of passion or a lack of belief in your side

well, like zenit, they were just up for a good time, the match being important but also enjoying the city and having a good time with all the others that had traveled.

not so long ago arsenal gave pompey a bopping, and the press and pundits pointed out that the good atmosphere and good humour to carry on singing was commendable.

Our supporters does not have a lack of passion. We lost first leg 2-0 and we knew that we was going to lose the second one too. And when we already was beaten, why shouldnt we celebrate that we came so long in the UEFA cup? To come to this level in this cup is bigger for us than it is for you. I guess your best player earn way more than all of our players together. Just to put things in perspective. This match was a bonus for us, and we enjoyed our stay in Liverpool. And we wanted to end this season who gave us the league title and advantage in the UEFA with making a great atmosphere.

Probably my last post here (for now that is). Just wanted to share a video compilation which focus on the more positive sides of the match - our fans...

There are some interviews with locals lads (mostly kids too afraid to say anything negative about us - perhaps the reporter threatened them with an eightball :blink:). I doubt you'll understand the commentaries :P but they are all positive - trust me

Video

(NB! There are some other Everton-videos further down the playlist)

As we say in Norway: Auf wiedersehen !

1st post from a newbie but been an Everton fan for 38 years.

Took my 8 year old to his 1st game on Thursday night and what a game for his 1st Everton match. He was totally in awe of the stadium and the atmosphere.

I'm just hoping he is a lucky mascot and will be looking to take him to many more games especially if we score that many. Infact I'm looking at taking him to the Fiorentina matches home and away.

It would be brilliant to get to the final (14th May) as its his birthday on the 15th May.

Regards

Ian :D

1st post from a newbie but been an Everton fan for 38 years.

Took my 8 year old to his 1st game on Thursday night and what a game for his 1st Everton match. He was totally in awe of the stadium and the atmosphere.

I'm just hoping he is a lucky mascot and will be looking to take him to many more games especially if we score that many. Infact I'm looking at taking him to the Fiorentina matches home and away.

It would be brilliant to get to the final (14th May) as its his birthday on the 15th May.

Regards

Ian :D

Welcome Ian, enjoy the site mate and I should tell you that with your years of support you qualify for the sites Old Farts club!

Just got to thank the evertonsupporters and the rest of the nice and welcomming people of Liverpool. I had three fantastic days! I reaaly liked the evertonians, funny and ironical, but also very nice! I`m deffinitely coming back to Liverpool(hopefully in the Champions League next year;)

You were the best team, but i hope Brann will play bether wenn we are in season. Still a long time ti the league will start. Hope the brannsupporters behaved well, and made a lot of sound at the Stadium!

We don't have lack of passion, we are one of the teams in norway which when it goes bad, it's a rather furious tension and atmosphere at the stands. In the league, it's not constant singing like it was at Goodison. But we have to face the facts: We got to the 1/16, and thats one of our best performances in UEFA Cup, probably also the best. We have just won the league and we've had a fantastic season. Faceing the facts, Everton IS a rather bigger and better club than Brann in any way, everyone knows that. Brann had a small tiny chance to go through like Oldham, but we almost knew that we've reached our ending point. And thats not to be negative, its just realistic thinking. So then we can't stay at the stands and be shattered. Only thing was, 6-1 was a bit too much. But we're proud for getting so far, we're proud of the teams performances.

There is allways hope, but for us, that hope was allmost non-existant.

Just got to thank the evertonsupporters and the rest of the nice and welcomming people of Liverpool. I had three fantastic days! I reaaly liked the evertonians, funny and ironical, but also very nice! I`m deffinitely coming back to Liverpool(hopefully in the Champions League next year;)

You were the best team, but i hope Brann will play bether wenn we are in season. Still a long time ti the league will start. Hope the brannsupporters behaved well, and made a lot of sound at the Stadium!

Nyggen,

As I mentioned it was my lads first ever Everton game and the normal prospect of walking through away supporters in quite daunting when you have an 8 y/old but I will say how brilliant the Brann fans where.

As we walked through, they where shaking our hands, wishing us well in the next round. Some even saying they hope we go on to win the Cup.

Take credit in how well you supported your team, no trouble just out to have a great time in Europe. To be honest thats what its all about.

I hope we draw you again as I cant wait to sample some Norweigan hospitalility.

Regards

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back