Everton 6-1 SK Brann - 21st Feb 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be an easy victory and we should wrap up the tie in convincing fashion. Hopefully Moyes will shake it up a bit now we have a full strength team. So i would go with:

Howard

Hibbo (Replacing the god awful Neville)
Jag
Yobo
Lescott

Arteta
Osman
Carsley
Pienaar (Replacing the increasingly dreadful performances of #23)

Cahill
Yak

What a ridiculous post!!! Pienaar did replace the awful #23, hibbo did play right back in the 2nd half and it was an easy victory.
I didnt think Moyes with go with 2 upfront but i am glad he did as it paid off
A tremendous professional performance from the boys in the blue last night, that is the way to really put a tie to bed. Some really excellent performances especially from Pienaar, who was excellent on his return and showed why we have missed him badly, Arteta, after a slow start started looking like getting back to his best. Aj was outstanding again, working his arse off for the team and finally getting the goals he deserved with 2 exceptional strikes and finally the Yak who scored a superb hat trick which takes his tally upto 15 goals in 27 appearances which is a tremendous return.
A couple of disappointments were conceding a goal and yet another disappointing performance from MF

Just got home from the match last night. Amazing atmosphere in the Winslow before the match, The good natured banter and singing made me proud to wear the blue shirt. I had an amazing night, the scoreline just put the cherry on the cake. Thanks very much lads.

Great game, not best performance but 2nd half was really good.

AJ was class and Yak, Arteta and Pienaar too.

Just got home from the match last night. Amazing atmosphere in the Winslow before the match, The good natured banter and singing made me proud to wear the blue shirt. I had an amazing night, the scoreline just put the cherry on the cake. Thanks very much lads.

Just got home?!?

That's impressive, even for someone called Jeff.

I think your spot on with that. He look bright bar one or two sloppy moments and him along with Pienaar and Arteta made us play some football second half. Not the performance of an 8 million man yet but getting there and improving.

I've noticed he's been trying to overly impress. The cross field passing is great and he managed to pull them all of yesterday but sometimes it just needs the simple pass. Be neat and tidy when needed and try your spectacular passes in the right situations.

His passing range is excellent though. He's the only midfielder in our team who can bring the strikers into play with one central long range pass through the middle of the park. Pienaar and Arteta are also excellent passers of the ball but there more one touch, short passing players. Good to have both types of players to be honest.

If he can cut our the little lapses he's seems to be having then he'll do well for us this season and hopefully earn a permanent move. I was trying to think of a player he reminds me of in his second spell and its Joe Yobo. When Yobo first came the talent was there for everyone to see but he did suffer from the odd lapse in concentration. Good thing for him was he was young and could iron these mistakes out so I'd expect Fernandes to do the same.

Yep.

I can't forget that one lapse where he took his eye off the ball before he got it at his feet in midfield and lost it to a Brann player who quickly created a goal scoring opportunity.

Good thing we weren't punished for it. Other than that. I felt he had a solid match. Not spectacular but solid. Lost the ball a few times but it seemed to me, and I could be wrong, but he made an effort to track back and harry the opposition more than he has here in the past. Effort that he's been criticized for lacking in recent matches.

Yep.

I can't forget that one lapse where he took his eye off the ball before he got it at his feet in midfield and lost it to a Brann player who quickly created a goal scoring opportunity.

Good thing we weren't punished for it. Other than that. I felt he had a solid match. Not spectacular but solid. Lost the ball a few times but it seemed to me, and I could be wrong, but he made an effort to track back and harry the opposition more than he has here in the past. Effort that he's been criticized for lacking in recent matches.

The effort is there in Fernandes now, his heart seems to be in the right place now. he just needs to cut out the lapses in concentration and silly mistakes. I read a qoute from Moyes a while ago saying that Fernandes is a player that needs to be loved...Perhaps he can feel that we're still not sure on him yet or something?

it would explain him always trying to take the difficult route and impress then the safe simple option.

I've found that link where moyes says Fernandes may need to be loved.

Last edited:

The effort is there in Fernandes now, his heart seems to be in the right place now. he just needs to cut out the lapses in concentration and silly mistakes. I read a qoute from Moyes a while ago saying that Fernandes is a player that needs to be loved...Perhaps he can feel that we're still not sure on him yet or something?

it would explain him always trying to take the difficult route and impress then the safe simple option.

I've found that link where moyes says Fernandes may need to be loved.

Send him round to Bills:P

I think it could also be getting back up to the pace of the English game.

The tempo between La Liga and the Prem is massive.

You dont have alot of time on the ball and maybe he is trying to adjust back into it.

Because he had played for Pompey before he came last season, he was used to the tempo of the game and we recieved him in good condition (having played quite a few games in nov and dec for Pompey) and he was used to the tempo of the game here.

But having had a spell in Spain and not playing much due to reasons we arent yet sure on, and having played in a league where it's slow as [Poor language removed] and more techinal, he's trying to adjust.

He had a decent game last night, some pretty good balls but at least he is trying to find that killer pass where as Neville or Carsley will slow the move down.

I'm delighted with having Pienaar, Mikel, Manny and Yak also in the team, because it will be a joy to watch, it's just fitting everyone in which we havent had the pleasure of picking and choosing players on form etc for a while.

Thanks for last nites match. Besides from getting my mobile phone stolen, I felt very welcomed in liverpool. You was a great bunch. I enjoyed the stay and even the match.
Games in febuary is a bonus for us. We knew we did not have chance. SO conceeding 6 goals was no problem really. We still got to celebrate a goal. ANd thats all we could have asked for.
I was very proud of the support we showed are team yesterday. We gave are best.
I hope you enjoyed the brann fans and that we made an impression

Thanks for last nites match. Besides from getting my mobile phone stolen, I felt very welcomed in liverpool. You was a great bunch. I enjoyed the stay and even the match.
Games in febuary is a bonus for us. We knew we did not have chance. SO conceeding 6 goals was no problem really. We still got to celebrate a goal. ANd thats all we could have asked for.
I was very proud of the support we showed are team yesterday. We gave are best.
I hope you enjoyed the brann fans and that we made an impression

Yes i sat by you and you were brilliant all match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back