Everton 6-1 SK Brann - 21st Feb 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

what can you say, great game from everton! and not so good from brann ;)

Hope you win the entire cup, and we'll check you out in Champions League next time ;)

btw, what song was sung to the brann supporters at the end, i read about it in the paper?

Excude beef!

Haff anybody got any bockle orange joof?

4 - 1.

Fernandes scores.

Lescott scores.

Yak scores.

Vic scores (obviously)

I celebrate by drinking drain cleaner, eating a paving stone and tipping my hat to the nudey Jo Guest poster that I don't own.

Hello Pam :D

what can you say, great game from everton! and not so good from brann ;)

Hope you win the entire cup, and we'll check you out in Champions League next time ;)

btw, what song was sung to the brann supporters at the end, i read about it in the paper?

tell me mar?

"...tell me mar, me mar. to put the champagne on ice, we're goin to city twice. tell me mar, me mar... "

the UEFA cup final is played at man citys ground, and we're still to play them in the league, so were goin there twice (until monday anyway)

Allright, the paper said the everton supporter sung some kind tribute to the "loud singing brann supporters". Wouldnt be the first time the newspaper in question makes up its own stories tho.

the newspaper in question loves Rosenborg and hates brann, which would make it an odd thing to lie about ... ;)

But they said ( translated by me )
"
The red hords impressed with their tireless singing and cheering, even the everton supporters sang a tribute in honour of the brann supporters, towards the end of the game

"

"
The red hords impressed with their tireless singing and cheering, even the everton supporters sang a tribute in honour of the brann supporters, towards the end of the game

"

Not entirely sure, but when the Brann fans were chanting/singing along to that tune the red [Poor language removed] love, we replied with "O Steven Gerrard - the baby's not yours"

Credit to the brann supporters, all around the pubs before the game, enjoying the cheap refreshments and having a laugh and joke with the blues.

A few observations:
  • Pienaar - Easily my Man of the Match. We've really missed him and it's great to have him back. I'm looking foward to his move being made permanent.
  • Yakubu - Outstanding.
  • Johnson - Outstanding and ran his socks off. You can see the big difference between Yak's play and Johnson's and yet they both contribute differently.
  • Howard - Probably should have stopped it. On the replays, it looks like he assumes Jags is gonna clear it and he hesitates. Nonetheless, an elementary mistake an one I hope he learns from.
  • Fernandes - I thought he played well (surprise) and showed heart tonight (for you Suits) but sometimes I think he's trying to do a bit too much. Looks like he's trying to make that killer pass everytime when a more sensible option is a simple ball. I know he wants to impress but he can do it by helping us maintain possession and helping build up play as opposed passing it on the ground 40 yards through 5 opposing players right to Yak's feet.
  • Defense - Solid again and goal I'd put on Howard.
All in all, a great result and we'll have a fresh Osman, Carsley, & Cahill for the Man City match.

Well done to the Blues.

On a side note, I noticed that Zenit beat Villarreal. An upset I'd say.

I think your spot on with that. He look bright bar one or two sloppy moments and him along with Pienaar and Arteta made us play some football second half. Not the performance of an 8 million man yet but getting there and improving.

I've noticed he's been trying to overly impress. The cross field passing is great and he managed to pull them all of yesterday but sometimes it just needs the simple pass. Be neat and tidy when needed and try your spectacular passes in the right situations.

His passing range is excellent though. He's the only midfielder in our team who can bring the strikers into play with one central long range pass through the middle of the park. Pienaar and Arteta are also excellent passers of the ball but there more one touch, short passing players. Good to have both types of players to be honest.

If he can cut our the little lapses he's seems to be having then he'll do well for us this season and hopefully earn a permanent move. I was trying to think of a player he reminds me of in his second spell and its Joe Yobo. When Yobo first came the talent was there for everyone to see but he did suffer from the odd lapse in concentration. Good thing for him was he was young and could iron these mistakes out so I'd expect Fernandes to do the same.

toxteth blue you are spot on with that post.
there was one point in the game when he had to pass the ball backwards and almost looked apoligetic.
i thought he was the link between pienaar and arteta and some of our best football.
yes sometimes he does give the ball away, what footballer doesnt? we can all play it safe knocking the ball backwards or sideways or the good old hoof down the pitch but he tries things abit different.

Nobody gives the ball away more than cahill!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back