Everton 6-1 SK Brann - 21st Feb 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Result, highlights of the match were johnsons 2 goals, yakubus hattrick, and of course - hibbert taking on a player - and beating him! shame he lost the ball straight afterwards...

:lol::lol: That was ace - seventh biggest cheer of the night :P

Showed him perfectly - great defending, but hoofs it better than he can pass it.

Well it wasa great last goal, which johnson deserved, i was abit dissappointed that pienaar didnt score with his effort, because it was great play leading up to it...

The goal conceded i dont think was Tim Howards fault, not only did the ball bobble abit (which is a bit of a lame excuse) jagielka did look like he was going to clear it, and hten changed his mind at the last second, just a lack of communication i think...

Dissappointed that Anichebe didnt score in the last 5 minutes, but its alright, we won 6-1 cant argue with that, although im sure some kopites will try.

Was gutted for pienaar myself - he looked like he'd been shot when he hit the post, he was that upset :D

Would've liked Anichebe to get one too, and for Osman to have got a game but you can't have everything in life, so I'll have to console myself with winning 8-1 on aggregate (y)

AJ = Amazing

Yak = Amazing

Peanuts = Amazing (side note: get this class act of a footballer signed NOW)

Mikel = Amazing

Manny = Amazing (in flashes)

Outstanding all-round performance from the lads... EXTREMELY HAPPY BUNNY RIGHT NOW!!!

BRING ON THE ITALIANS!! COYB!!!!!! :D :D :D

Everton will travel to Florence for the first leg, which takes place on March 6.

The return leg at Goodison is scheduled seven days later.

motm pienaar, AJ a nanometer in second place.

good performance, ref was a bellend, valente good in parts, yaks in yak form.

brann were and are not great. two months off told.

VERY VERY TELLING THAT AJ SAT BACK AND SCORED TWICE FROM DISTANCE.

HIT THE POST FROM DISTANCE AS WELL.

not a good change in attitude for me.

Also, 14 months to wait before arteta has a shot again.

Congratulations, Everton. You did a great match, but I think the result is kind a exaggerated. Although, you deserved to win and I hope you will win the whole tournament:)
I was watching the match at home in TV, but I would like to ask you guys who were at Goodison about one thing:
Were the Brann supporters as loud as it seems, or were they micked up?
Good luck against fiorentina! (sorry about my bad english, but I hope you understand:)

We put the microphones in front of the away fans mate, we're too loud otherwise.

Taking the piss there but everyone commented on your fans being right behind the team, your two months showed and we werent seven goals better over the two legs.

Good luck for the next season and hope you keep Rosenborg out again.

We put the microphones in front of the away fans mate, we're too loud otherwise.

Taking the piss there but everyone commented on your fans being right behind the team, your two months showed and we werent seven goals better over the two legs.

Good luck for the next season and hope you keep Rosenborg out again.

Thx mate :)

Rosenborg got a young team, and i dont think they will be the greatest threat for the norwegian championship. Anyways, congratulations with your win though i felt the number was a bit unfair, but the way our defence played today we didnt deserve much better. Good luck against Fiorentina, and maybe we'll meet again in champions league later this year :) Hopefully we'll be at our best shape while your off-season then ;)

Anyways, hope you'll win the tournament now, so that if nothing else we lost to the champions ;)

Best regards from a norwegian twaddler

Normally speaking I'd be cock-a-hoop over a 6 - 1 win but there were too many mistakes on the park tonight to really get me over excited. That said the forwards all got going once Yak showed the way, his second was a dream a matador could not have turned their defence better. Whilst AJ's screamer was spectacular Bran had given up the ghost by then, it was however AJ's best performance for sometime.

My mom, Pienaar, how the hell he can go so fast for so long is a mystery but he is essential to our future as anyone at the club, we must sign him as number priority before anyone else.

Bran never lived up to their hype but at times managed to expose weaknesses in our midfield and full backs which is scary. Fiorentina will be a different class of opponent and hopefully we will be moving in a more cohesive style by then.

As far as the tie is concerned, job done

Just wanted to congratulate you all!

My guess is that you'll crush Fiorentina! (Hope so, don't like the Italian teams).

These are the next maches (played march 12. or 13th)

Anderlecht - Bayern München
Glasgow Rangers - Werder Bremen/Braga
Bolton - Sporting Lisboa
Bayer Leverkusen - Hamburg
Getafe - Benfica
Fiorentina - Everton
Tottenham - PSV Eindhoven
Marseille - Zenit St. Petersburg

My guess is that Werder Bremen or Hamburg will be the toughest opponents.

All in all - well played!

Just wanted to congratulate you all!

My guess is that you'll crush Fiorentina! (Hope so, don't like the Italian teams).

These are the next maches (played march 12. or 13th)

Anderlecht - Bayern München
Glasgow Rangers - Werder Bremen/Braga
Bolton - Sporting Lisboa
Bayer Leverkusen - Hamburg
Getafe - Benfica
Fiorentina - Everton
Tottenham - PSV Eindhoven
Marseille - Zenit St. Petersburg

My guess is that Werder Bremen or Hamburg will be the toughest opponents.

All in all - well played!

thanks a lot, you are a gent(y)

A few observations:
  • Pienaar - Easily my Man of the Match. We've really missed him and it's great to have him back. I'm looking foward to his move being made permanent.
  • Yakubu - Outstanding.
  • Johnson - Outstanding and ran his socks off. You can see the big difference between Yak's play and Johnson's and yet they both contribute differently.
  • Howard - Probably should have stopped it. On the replays, it looks like he assumes Jags is gonna clear it and he hesitates. Nonetheless, an elementary mistake an one I hope he learns from.
  • Fernandes - I thought he played well (surprise) and showed heart tonight (for you Suits) but sometimes I think he's trying to do a bit too much. Looks like he's trying to make that killer pass everytime when a more sensible option is a simple ball. I know he wants to impress but he can do it by helping us maintain possession and helping build up play as opposed passing it on the ground 40 yards through 5 opposing players right to Yak's feet.
  • Defense - Solid again and goal I'd put on Howard.
All in all, a great result and we'll have a fresh Osman, Carsley, & Cahill for the Man City match.

Well done to the Blues.

On a side note, I noticed that Zenit beat Villarreal. An upset I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back