Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even need to sell. If we had any ambition whatsoever we wouldn't sell him.

All this "we've come so far" "statement of intent" how if you sell your best players? Which if he does go we will be minus net spend. That's no statement of intent in my eyes
Well... you don't want to give other players the idea that you would hold them hostage, but I think we can agree that Rom's behavior isn't acceptable. It would be poor of the club to reward him for skipping summer training.

lol you DONT keep a player who wants out why can't people grasp that ffs

What's he going to do? Sulk? He's got a World Cup next year he will still have to perform

He is the only chance we have of making the top four and if you have any ambition you don't sell your beat players. He's got two years left on his deal

Chelsea’s only faint hope of resurrecting their own bid for Lukaku rests on whether or not the player is willing to veto his move to United in favour of holding out for his old employers.

But such a decision is unlikely and would be incredibly risky on Lukaku’s part, and United expect to conclude a deal before the club leave for their US tour on Sunday.

Can't seem tear himself away from Pogba though so I don't think he wants Chelsea...very odd shenanigans

Well... you don't want to give other players the idea that you would hold them hostage, but I think we can agree that Rom's behavior isn't acceptable. It would be poor of the club to reward him for skipping summer training.

Did he return to training today as he was meant too do you know?

He wants out David, its just 1 of them things, accept it and move on, hes not the first and he wont be the last.

Happens to every club in the world.
I'm just amazed we kept him for four seasons, tbh.

The model had to be adhered to in the end though.

No need for heads to fall off, we all knew he was going, we just thought it was Chelsea, I still think that we might get into a bidding war, if we don't £75m isn't a bad price.
He obviously had an agreement to go this summer and he definitely wants to go elsewhere, we shouldn't even be talking about him.

Ibrahimovic scored 17 in 28. A similar conversion rate than Lukaku who got 25 in 37.

But this is telling - look at this from Ian Wright and tell me whether it sounds quite familiar...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/arsenal-legend-wright-ibrahimovic-a-man-utd-liability-4153609

Yes, a striker in there and raved about while he scores goals, but when they dry up, it's clear the impact he's having on the actual team, no matter who good you are at other elements of the game.

The game really has moved on. A striker does have to offer more than goals. My view is that United are spending massive money and not trading up on an older player they got for nothing.

I agree that Ibrahimovic definitely inhibited them at times last year but he's a bit more of a maverick than Lukaku who likes to get more involved in the build up play.

We all know Lukaku's limitations but we're not dealing with a yard dog, when he's at it he can play an all round game to the benefit of the team. A lot of the times he's looked particularly bad for us have been against the top sides when he's isolated- that won't be happening much next year.

We don't even need to sell. If we had any ambition whatsoever we wouldn't sell him.

All this "we've come so far" "statement of intent" how if you sell your best players? Which if he does go we will be minus net spend. That's no statement of intent in my eyes

He wants out.

We're in a good position to get a lot of money for him. If the Mail article is to be believed he today went against Everton's wishes by not even returning to pre-season training.

Anyway, all you've done all summer is whinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back