Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughty boy

giphy.gif

Not begrudging him his move. Just stating an opinion that compared to recent modern day players who've scored less than lukaku but worn their hearts on their shirts for the fans and the club, I won't Ben at the front of queue cheering him if he ever returned to Goodison post-career. Good comparisons being Tim Cahill, Alan Stubbs, David Unsworth, Andy Johnson, Duncan Ferguson.

I will always regard lukaku like i do with Lineker. Both scored lots of goals. I don't think either will ever be idolised by the majority of Everton fans. But both scored goals in memorable matches.
What with this, being part of the 2.6% of GOT female viewership and my love of PoP I am clearly a weird outlier lol

We don't even need to sell. If we had any ambition whatsoever we wouldn't sell him.

All this "we've come so far" "statement of intent" how if you sell your best players? Which if he does go we will be minus net spend. That's no statement of intent in my eyes

He will score shedloads for United, utter shedloads.

Good luck to him I say, cant see many saying the same, but oh well, not gonna knock anybody for having ambition myself, sure he could have waited and waited for us, but hey ho, the lads career is only short.

Look forwards, never back.

Davy Klaassen will score more!
It pains me to say it, but I'm surprised Lukaku stayed as long as he did. Maybe after his loan year when we finished 5th, he was kidded like the rest of us, that under Martinez it would be the start of something special. After 2 11th place finishes, I resigned myself that he would leave. He gave us another year and we got European football for it, it's just a pity we didn't have this transfer window we're experiencing this summer, last year.

Tbf I'd be pretty happy myself if a bidding war broke out!

There is no such thing as a bidding war for the selling club anymore. The selling club simply names it's price and anyone who wants to meet the valuation is given permission to talk to the player and his representatives. Any bidding war then takes place between the player and potential suiters. In that situation, the player is the main beneficiery.

There is no such thing as a bidding war for the selling club anymore. The selling club simply names it's price and anyone who wants to meet the valuation is given permission to talk to the player and his representatives. any bidding war then takes place between the player and potential suiters. In that situation, the player is the main beneficiery.
The asking price was £100m, it hasn't been met, or even come close to being met. If Chelsea came in tomorrow and bid more he'd be going ther unless United matched the bid. So it does still exist, it's basic logic ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back