Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

"College tomorrow"

Christ. Have we really got a wool, United fan whose abar 17 tryna lecture us on transfers here and he's still in school in July?

Truly, a sad day for the internet.

I "liked" the above, but still managed to take offence at the wool bit :(

Hawksby and Jacobs is the only show not on the wind up with the listeners looking for bites with provocative pish. They both frequently speak very well of Everton as well. Both were praising our business so far yesterday and predicting good stuff for us. It's the only show not akin to listening to articles from the scum and mail on the radio.
That's good to know ;). Your almost tempting me to give them a listen, but then again.

@hibbo'sclass : a 75mio sale of Lukaku suggests a profit of about 60mio. Overall Year end profit might go as high as 70mio (after player amortisation of 55mio)....won't Everton face a large tax bill (around 15mio)?

NB I assumed carry forward tax losses into the year of 24mio

The entire side was built to feed Lukaku. We have seen other players games stifled, particularly Ross who has, if anything, gone backwards. Mirallas has not looked the same player either.

Rom scores. He does not make space for others. He occupies the box and demands the ball. Of course he is going to be involved in the majority of our goals.

The team should benefit if we get the balance right. Hense the major squad restructuring that is under way.
We had/have nobody close to Lukaku's ability to score goals so of course the team was structured to feed his abilities, it would have been strange otherwise.

Odd to blame loss of form on Lukaku ; personal responsibility, our previous manager and consistency in performance must be contributing factors.

Anyway, if we sign a goalscoring beast, who cares ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back