Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a given...even before the spending, one of our biggest issues was consistency. This is what we're working on resolving but you still have to achieve it. It's why some of the hacks had a pop at us today, they're preying on recent history. Solving this is what's going to lead to better signings.

I hear you, but since Moshiri has taken over our signings have improved year on year and window on window.

Yes they need to continue that on the pitch and if that happens, the signings will improve too.

We most probably aren't challenging top 6 for a while. Time for a rebuild for a season or two.
I say we get a young talented striker in and give him a chance to grow. Giroud and Rooney is laughable for me.
Yes I want a statement signing to show everyone we aren't a selling club, but, I don't think that's happening.
Building experience around a young and talented striker may be the go.

@hibbo'sclass : a 75mio sale of Lukaku suggests a profit of about 60mio. Overall Year end profit might go as high as 70mio (after player amortisation of 55mio)....won't Everton face a large tax bill (around 15mio)?

NB I assumed carry forward tax losses into the year of 24mio
Will have a look and see if I can work out how the club tax computation is done.
At 31.05.16 there were about 59 mil of tax losses giving a tax asset (basically a relief amount) of about 11 mil as the lisses are adjusted for rolled over gains and the NBV of the players bought with rolled over gains I think.
@ToffeeTim does your company deal with any of this stuff?

where you think he's from? uses American terms like spin and pal but apparently not well versed in the usage of definite articles, so maybe Russian?
To be fair if he's American no way he's in the states bc of the time, and no way he cares about class if studying for a semester overseas. My money is on him being from some Asian country. Yanks dodged a bullet here

We most probably aren't challenging top 6 for a while. Time for a rebuild for a season or two.
I say we get a young talented striker in and give him a chance to grow. Giroud and Rooney is laughable for me.
Yes I want a statement signing to show everyone we aren't a selling club, but, I don't think that's happening.
Pretty sure we started building a few years ago and sold them (Stones, Lukaku) so why would we use the same approach again and stagnate.

lollollol

Oh come on.

I hope they don't win any sort of trophy, whether that be the capital one or whatever.

Don't think my tv screen will be able to take the missles aimed it's way if I see a lukaku and pogba "wanna be American basket ballers but sadly we're not big in America" synchronised dance recorded purely for instigram.

Some of the Utd fans are in for a shock. There are a lot of 'flat track bully', 'beast' and 'better that Ibrahimovic' shouts being thrown about.

Call me deluded with Royal Blue lenses on but Rom has consistently scored for us whilst we are a lesser creative side than most teams above us.

He will continue to score and we will struggle to fill that gap, the boy scores goals and for that he is priceless.

Will have a look and see if I can work out how the club tax computation is done.
At 31.05.16 there were about 59 mil of tax losses giving a tax asset (basically a relief amount) of about 11 mil as the lisses are adjusted for rolled over gains and the NBV of the players bought with rolled over gains I think.
@ToffeeTim does your company deal with any of this stuff?
yes, and I applied a 35mio profit to May 2017 bringing that tax asset down to 24mio. NB I'm not sure what the corporate tax rate is; I used 33% in calculating tax of 15mio for year ended May 2018

You're right it's tough to break into that media proclaimed top 6 that has established itself for a crazy 1 year in a row

We've already got the young talented striker in Sandro Ramirez surely ?

I hear you, but since Moshiri has taken over our signings have improved year on year and window on window.

Yeah, but you eventually hit a brick wall...look across the park. Until I see us bringing in the Lewandowski/Neuer's of the world, we're in the same boat and there's only one path through that; typically, a long one. At least we seem to have found the start line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back