Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta understand footballers don't love the club they ply for like the fans do. It's crazy expecting them too. Rom to his credit has given us a good few years of his service but his career and talent has a sell by date and. He needs to move on if he wants to compete for the trophies . Ok he's confident in his abilities and that rubs people up the wrong way but he is justified when he bangs them in like he does

I do understand......but I don't care.

My only interest in Romelu Lukaku is in what he does for Everton.

I could give a flying fiddlers if he wins trophies with another team or not.

£90m is a great price if we actually get that, but how much will his agent get out of it? Didn't he pocket around 1/3 of the Pogba fee?

Our defense is better than theirs and pickford is better than mignolet

Gueye and morgan are better options than horrenderson

They may have us beat in ACM because that's literally all they seem to buy and mane is a better winger than ours, but that's literally it
You're deluded mate. They finished 4th last season. We finished 7th.

Just because we have signed a few players doesn't make us Real Madrid all of a sudden.

The RS are going to make more signings too.

This 100%. Had a United mate saying exactly the same thing along the lines. You take Rooney and his wages off us and we get lukaku. Hard to come back with anything when it is put like that.

If Rooney was going to be our only signing and our main centre forward and the focus of our attack, then yes that is very valid.

But he isn't, and he won't, so it's actually a load of misguided, knee jerking and short sighted gash.

We will replace Lukaku with somebody else, Rooney is NOT a direct replacement for Lukaku.

This 100%. Had a United mate saying exactly the same thing along the lines. You take Rooney and his wages off us and we get lukaku. Hard to come back with anything when it is put like that.
Utd fans are happy because they're building a very impressive spine: De Gea - Bailly - Pogba - Lukaku

Mourinho knows what he is doing.

Top 4 for us next season is going to be extremely difficult.

People acting like this has come from nowhere. He was always getting sold the minute he refused to sign his contract so I don't get why heads are falling off. We now need a striker or two and I suspect Rooney will be one and we'll be after another. So if we end up with Sandro, Rooney and let's say Giroud (as he's the strongest link so far) and possibly Sigurdsson also then we will be much stronger. Going from Lukaku, Kone and Valencia to Sandro, Rooney and Giroud is a better situation isn't it? I think so.

People acting like this has come from nowhere. He was always getting sold the minute he refused to sign his contract so I don't get why heads are falling off. We now need a striker or two and I suspect Rooney will be one and we'll be after another. So if we end up with Sandro, Rooney and let's say Giroud (as he's the strongest link so far) and possibly Sigurdsson also then we will be much stronger. Going from Lukaku, Kone and Valencia to Sandro, Rooney and Giroud is a better situation isn't it? I think so.

Of course it is mate! I honestly despair and the doom mongers on this forum, for grown men it is actually quite embarrassing.

Throw Klaassen into that as well and Gylfi and it's 5 times more potent....but moaners gotta moan!

when did giroud sign?
off to Marseille according to this mornings papers!

Of course it is mate! I honestly despair and the doom mongers on this forum, for grown men it is actually quite embarrassing.

Throw Klaassen into that as well and Gylfi and it's 5 times more potent....but moaners gotta moan!
Klaasen and Gylfi - you make them sound like Veratti and David Silva.

Will have a look and see if I can work out how the club tax computation is done.
At 31.05.16 there were about 59 mil of tax losses giving a tax asset (basically a relief amount) of about 11 mil as the lisses are adjusted for rolled over gains and the NBV of the players bought with rolled over gains I think.
@ToffeeTim does your company deal with any of this stuff?

Sadly don't often deal with any companies close to the size of a football club. A comp with 3 or 4 property disposals is quite big for me lol

But as far as I've seen and have heard, Lukaku should have a NBV per accounts of about 12m. So if we're saying 75m round figure then it's a gain of over 60m. The clauses are the bit I'm not sure about. Most reports say about 15m is dependant on clauses. I assume we will recognise this income only in the year it is received.

We've made gains already on Cleverley and a significant one on Deleuofeu. The money is still readily available for an expensive replacement up top.

Lads, we had 1 player who scored 24 goals last season then a massive chasm to the next highest scorer at 5, so 2 players between them chipped in with 29!

No denying that losing Lukaku is a blow, but he was always leaving so lets deal with it and move on.

if you have zero confidence in Koeman and you think he does not know what he is doing and we cannot replace Lukaku then I think you are in for a pleasant shock, so when it happens just enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back