Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But to even do that, we will need very good replacements.

Well we've already made some decent additions and we're being linked with Giroud, who is possibly the best option in the highest category we can currently realistically buy from

If Sandro, Klaasen, Barkley (if he stays), Rooney, Giroud, Bolasie, Mirallas and Coleman can all contribute to the goals for tally, whilst Keane and Pickford keep the goals against tally down, then I see no reason why we can't build upon the season just gone

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Let's let the club see this project out before we start demanding the world

It's about the future over short term edification

Well we've already made some decent additions and we're being linked with Giroud, who is possibly the best option in the highest category we can currently realistically buy from

If Sandro, Klaasen, Barkley (if he stays), Rooney, Giroud, Bolasie, Mirallas and Coleman can all contribute to the goals for tally, whilst Keane and Pickford keep the goals against tally down, then I see no reason why we can't build upon the season just gone

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Let's let the club see this project out before we start demanding the world

I want Giroud tbh, think he offers something we lack. Would like to see someone else with pace in along with him too tho.

Moshiri missed the boat last summer. Investment then could have seen us compete for a CL place and may have persuaded him to stay.
Mosh missed the boat because he left Bill and Bob in charge of negotiations and they messed up.
Mosh said this and said it won't happen again and Koeman referred to it in January over the Morgan transfer
Things are different this season with players in early and we have paid slightly over the odds to get deals done
Lukaku wants to go , he has said this from day one , so we get the best fee possible and move on and spend the 75/90 m or whatever the fee is

So long as we can spread the goals out amongst the rest of the team and defend stoutly, we should be alright even without Rom

Not having him during the Martinez days would have a been a death sentence however

We're still in the early stages of a long term project

All we need to do this season is improve on the previous one. That's what's acceptable

We do that with the aforementioned things

All far too sensible.

Please stop immediately and join in the with knee jerking and hand wringing.

And you know this to be true
How exactly ??
He doesn't know, that theory is going to be smashed in the next two months, then we can all laugh at those who think that Lukaku is being sold to cover the already spent money and there will be no more incomings.

What about the fact we've instantly improved the defence and goalkeeper mate, are you offsetting that or what?

It's a different transaction, it's done already. Yeah, sure, I was happy with our window so far until we decided to swap our top goalscorer for a suitcase full of notes and a has-been.

If we somehow manage to have a negative net spend and improve our side is that not great business acumen? Should we not be commending that and saying "wow we have a better side and we made money!"

For what its worth I think we will spend a lot more money than we already have but if we somehow manage the above scenario then it doesn't mean we are 'sell to buy'. Pretty sure none of this will have entered the anti Everton brigade minds but those of us with open minds to what Everton are trying to do is perhaps worth bearing this in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back