Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think next season we're going to have to master the art of the 1-0 win, especially with Rom going

Find a goal from somewhere and then shut the game down, with Keane, Pickford and (hopefully) Tierney battening down the hatches

At this moment in time, it's all about points. The more we get, the higher in the table we finish, the more attractive we come to the better players who can contribute to us playing the style of football a lot on here seem to want us to play going forwards (Especially if we get a manager in like Loew who likes having his teams set up like that)

Think of it as a season of penance in order to get where we really want to be

It was something the best sides under Ferguson and Mourinho could always do when the chips were down. I think in 95/96 United went on like a 7-8 match spree of 1-0's in the league, and it got them over the line

Sometimes you have to throw philosophy aside momentarily and accept that this is a results business

There'll be some on here who will hate it, and it won't make us popular with other sides either, but sometimes needs must. If we're smart, we could use that to create a siege mentality and make people dread coming to Goodison

*waits for uproar from the usual suspects

Mosh missed the boat because he left Bill and Bob in charge of negotiations and they messed up.
Mosh said this and said it won't happen again and Koeman referred to it in January over the Morgan transfer
Things are different this season with players in early and we have paid slightly over the odds to get deals done
Lukaku wants to go , he has said this from day one , so we get the best fee possible and move on and spend the 75/90 m or whatever the fee is
It looks like Bill went to OT to ask Jose if he can have his boy back. "Yes Bill, but we want Rom for 75M". "Ok let the press know Jose". Mosh then got word that Bill had escaped out of his room. He got straight the blower to Jim White to say no deal had been done.

Mosh missed the boat because he left Bill and Bob in charge of negotiations and they messed up.
Mosh said this and said it won't happen again and Koeman referred to it in January over the Morgan transfer
Things are different this season with players in early and we have paid slightly over the odds to get deals done
Lukaku wants to go , he has said this from day one , so we get the best fee possible and move on and spend the 75/90 m or whatever the fee is
I'm looking at this morning's papers and Chelsea were desperate to buy him (Guardian). They messed up massively. All it needed was for Moshiri to wait 24 hours, contact Chelsea who had a long term interest which he must have known about and could have had a bidding war with Chelsea. Player was going to go anyway, but a lot of money has been passed up. I retain a small hope that the bid has yet to be accepted, if not tell them no deal.

Trawling through the media this morning the picture is far from clear. Club still denying a deal is done and the fee ranges from £75m to £100m, not sure I believe any of it.

I'm looking at this morning's papers and Chelsea were desperate to buy him (Guardian). They messed up massively. All it needed was for Moshiri to wait 24 hours, contact Chelsea who had a long term interest which he must have known about and could have had a bidding war with Chelsea. Player was going to go anyway, but a lot of money has been passed up. I retain a small hope that the bid has yet to be accepted, if not tell them no deal.

I´m thinking the same. Of course Rom will go, we´ve known that forever. But to just accept Utds first bid (which I don´t know if we have)?

Trawling through the media this morning the picture is far from clear. Club still denying a deal is done and the fee ranges from £75m to £100m, not sure I believe any of it.
Have a look at the Guardian football and BBC football feed. Pgba posting pictures of the two of them training together.

Everton held the cards and just folded with the first bid. Stark contrast to last Summer with Stones. What was the difference? Most of the spending had been done too.

I´m thinking the same. Of course Rom will go, we´ve known that forever. But to just accept Utds first bid (which I don´t know if we have)?
Well Utd are about to do a medical and they can't do that without agreement. Deal may not have been finalised so he must have been sold. I agree there is a bit of doubt because everything is leaking from Utd's side.

Have a look at the Guardian football and BBC football feed. Pgba posting pictures of the two of them training together.

Everton held the cards and just folded with the first bid. Stark contrast to last Summer with Stones. What was the difference? Most of the spending had been done too.
It could be that Everton were getting spooked by no bid from Chelsea which iwas anywhere near acceptable, and then United said 75m plus the 10 m we would have charged you for Rooney. I.e. 85m take it or leave it. We've spent 95m and thought, thank Christ for that

Seriously, do you believe everything you read in the papers?

Do you not think Raiola speaks to clubs 365 days a year?

It could be that Everton were getting spooked by no bid from Chelsea which iwas anywhere near acceptable, and then United said 75m plus the 10 m we would have charged you for Rooney. I.e. 85m take it or leave it. We've spent 95m and thought, thank Christ for that
Rooney is a free. They want him off their books

There'll be some on here who will hate it, and it won't make us popular with other sides either, but sometimes needs must. If we're smart, we could use that to create a siege mentality and make people dread coming to Goodison

*waits for uproar from the usual suspects

I honestly doubt anyone here will complain about a solid streak of 1-0 Victories
I personally find them ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back