Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Aldridge has just been on Talksport saying Everton are a disgrace for holding out for such a ridiculous fee and keeping Lukaku against his will. He went on to say Liverpool demonstrated true class and dignity when they allowed Suarez his dream move to Barcelona after they made their first bid, and such humility was a credit to the people of the city.
And they say they aren't rattled. It's non of his or Liverpools business or the City's.

Mosh missed the boat because he left Bill and Bob in charge of negotiations and they messed up.
Mosh said this and said it won't happen again and Koeman referred to it in January over the Morgan transfer
Things are different this season with players in early and we have paid slightly over the odds to get deals done
Lukaku wants to go , he has said this from day one , so we get the best fee possible and move on and spend the 75/90 m or whatever the fee is
Speaking about sideshow, was he promoted so he couldn't do as much damage?

Recycling is what every club does Dave, whether through player performance/age/not settling etc, its part and parcel of every club. You cannot and will not have the same squad of 25 for 8 - 10 seasons, it just doesn't happen. The issue becomes when you take the transfer fees and not reinvest them. We are spending the money and then some i would imagine come the end of the window.

To say that things have not changed Dave is disingenuous. Do i need to remind you where the Arteta money went etc...
Overall in the Kenwright/Moyes era there was a net spend...people tend to remember the post 2009 pruning and forget that prior to it there was a healthy (for a club in our position) net spend.

It's no use trying to maintain we are witnessing anything fundamentally different at the club now just because we saw early forays into the transfer market. In the end it all comes back to a small negative net/net spend when the window closes.

And credit to Koeman for seeing things this way. It was initially a concern that he was going to sign short term types using us as a stepping stone to further his career. Thankfully him and Walshy seem to be building for the future.

It's amazing to me because I reckon it's a future that Koeman probably knows he won't be a part of, but he's still doing the work to strengthen the foundations anyway. Fair play to him

As I've said before, whoever inherits this squad from Koeman will have something strong to build on

John Aldridge has just been on Talksport saying Everton are a disgrace for holding out for such a ridiculous fee and keeping Lukaku against his will. He went on to say Liverpool demonstrated true class and dignity when they allowed Suarez his dream move to Barcelona after they made their first bid, and such humility was a credit to the people of the city.
He really is the new Emlyn Hughes.
Horrible individual

Still think there will be more departures, just look at midfield, which will effect net spend.
Besic, McCarthy, Gana, Barry, Morgan, Davies, Klassen, Barkley and possibly Walsh.
Can't see all of them being at the club come September.
Remember aren't you only allowed only 25 players in tour premier league squad.
I'm not sure but I think homegrown or younger players don't count in the 25 man squad

Overall in the Kenwright/Moyes era there was a net spend...people tend to remember the post 2009 pruning and forget that prior to it there was a healthy (for a club in our position) net spend.

It's no use trying to maintain we are witnessing anything fundamentally different at the club now just because we saw early forays into the transfer market. In the end it all comes back to a small negative net/net spend when the window closes.

Since 03/04 to 15/16 are total net spend was £81m, giving £6.2m avg per season

In 18 months our net spend stands at around £110m

giphy.gif

lol;)

It's probably been said already but If true, Rom not turning up to pre season training at finch farm that is showing no respect. He's gone down in my estimation. Him and Pogba ..

He really is the new Emlyn Hughes.
Horrible individual
Funny that isn't it because when Torres wanted his dream move, Aldo threw his toys out the pram so badly he refused to say his name again. And vowed to refer to him only as FT. Only thing was he kept forgetting his morale stance during live commentary,saying his name and then backtracking to refer to him as FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back