Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but Tony Bellew has nailed it.

Spread the money on 2 or 3 good goalscorers so we aren't reliant on 1 as we have been.

I thinks that's the suitable approach, the team was setup to get the best out of Lukaku, it worked but when he didn't show up we looked toothless.

I have really high hopes for Sandro, think he's going to surprise a few people next year

I agree with a lot of that mate.

All I ask for is the nonsense to stop about 'everything will change' and 'Moshiri has transformed us'. It's for the birds.

It's the continuation of a well worn model. Even down to the stadium being the facilitator of all other things going forward.

I see nothing in this regime that I didn't see or hear abut when BK first took over and for the first few seasons after before it all went sour: big stadia idea; 'imaginative' borrowing; talk of lucrative sponsorship deals; training ground plans.

Moshiri is using the BK playbook, make no mistake about that.

I do think a lot has changed, of course the model and plans were already there, but him coming in at the very least has substantially increased the pace and financial level at which we can now execute them.

But I digress as I'm going off topic!

He would gain a lot of respect if he chose for Chelsea. Because then he would openly act against that rat Raiola. Raiola wants him to go to United because with that transfer Raiola would make more money.
Lukaku has always been a fan of Chelsea, even as a young lad. It would be more a choice of the heart. Something we should appreciate, too bad it wasn't Everton.

In a window where you make a potentially world record sale, you'll do well to come out with a positive net spend. We probably still will.

To suggest the sale of a wantaway player for a record fee doesn't skew net spend a bit is balderdash.

So Jim White says it's being held up by legal issues... and it"s funny to see media reporting that United have managed to put in a 75m bid so they can get Morata on the cheap. haha. What a load of bs. I dont know why I try to pay attention to it.

Spread the money on 2 or 3 good goalscorers so we aren't reliant on 1 as we have been.

Sandro is one, Giroud is another, the team lacks pace upfront which at Saints he got via Mane - so i'd expect a serious bid for a wide forward type who can play out wide or inside with a lot of pace

Balde who we apparently tried to get is the exact type, Bernardeschi would be a dream - but not chance, not sure how easy it'd be to get a quality one though...

Get those sorted and the likes of Rooney and any others can be bonuses if they chip in

I'm looking at this morning's papers and Chelsea were desperate to buy him (Guardian). They messed up massively. All it needed was for Moshiri to wait 24 hours, contact Chelsea who had a long term interest which he must have known about and could have had a bidding war with Chelsea. Player was going to go anyway, but a lot of money has been passed up. I retain a small hope that the bid has yet to be accepted, if not tell them no deal.
The situation with Rooney I assume made United the preferred buyer

I thinks that's the suitable approach, the team was setup to get the best out of Lukaku, it worked but when he didn't show up we looked toothless.

I have really high hopes for Sandro, think he's going to surprise a few people next year

Fact Athletico really wanted him gives me a huge amount of confidence, they don't get it wrong too often with Strikers

It says a lot about the type of striker he his, they very rarely get it wrong. Technical, fast and high energy

If i was betting, i wouldn't be shocked to see the Balde deal get resurrected should Juve singe Bernadeschi as looks likely, apparently the reason for turning us down was holding out for Juve, they go buy that lad he won't be going there himself

If i was betting, i wouldn't be shocked to see the Balde deal get resurrected should Juve singe Bernadeschi as looks likely, apparently the reason for turning us down was holding out for Juve, they go buy that lad he won't be going there himself

I've never seen the lad play, so can't comment but a lot if the reviews seem to be very positive

Like I said last night, 2 players (Rom and Barkley) between them last season got us 29.

We already have Sandro for a complete snip, Klaassen and possibly Gylfi who will certainly both notch more than Barkley, stick another couple of nice strikers in there and we are onto something.

The Bomber knows his shizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back