Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thinks that's the suitable approach, the team was setup to get the best out of Lukaku, it worked but when he didn't show up we looked toothless.

I have really high hopes for Sandro, think he's going to surprise a few people next year

I know it's a bit of a meme at this point to talk about YouTube videos, but Sandro's is probably the most impressive I've seen out of any player we've ever signed.

The debt is still there; commercial 'rejuvenation'?! - we made £21M from commercial at the last set of accounts; the training facilities came before Moshiri; the ground re-development...Lol.

The improvement in our sponsorship did not come prior to Moshiri's takeover, which is why they weren't included in the accounts. They will from the next one on.

The debt isn't still there. There's literally all the facts you need to state the debt has been wiped.

The ground has been pushed forward under Moshiri and we are looking very likely to have a waterfront stadium we all wanted.

We have improved the training facilities again in the last year and are continuing to do so.

Just stop it Dave.

Hate to say it but Tony Bellew has nailed it.

Spread the money on 2 or 3 good goalscorers so we aren't reliant on 1 as we have been.

Think this is and has to be the plan.

Sandro, Rooney. That's two right there. One an exciting prospect and one with all the experience you could ask for. We definitely need more, like, and we will get them.

We recently published our thoughts on the Romelu Lukaku situation here so figured we'd share them with you all below (pasted the text to save you a click). Be interested in your thoughts Blues....

In recent times the prospect of a top, influential player being plucked from Everton’s grasp would have sent panic surging through it’s embattled fan base. The gauntlet of the Summer transfer window was an annual event the Evertonians dreaded; counting down the days, hours and minutes until the window slammed shut and their most coveted stars were out of reach of the so called big boys for another year at least.

With the impending loss of star striker Romelu Lukaku, a £75m target of Manchester United, you would be forgiven for thinking that not much had changed around Goodison Park.

However you’d be quite wrong.

The usual panic, frustration and anger that such a departure would impart has been replaced with a sense of anticipation among the Toffees fan base. An excitement that makes the whole saga feel like the start of a fresh new era rather than the inevitable demise of one.

To some it almost feels necessary. The natural progression for a club who are aiming high and looking to build a far more dynamic, fluid team.

Although no one can deny his goal scoring exploits for the Blues there has always been a simmering tension between the Belgium forward and the passionate patrons of the Gwladys Street. Bordering at times on a love hate relationship you always got the impression the fans were never totally enamored with their goal scoring talisman. He was never really one of them.

In many ways it was a relationship of convenience for both parties. Each benefiting from the arrangement but always aware that in order to move forward there would need to be a parting of ways at some stage.

In the past that would have left Everton scrambling about looking for cut price replacements or journeyman loan deals as the incoming windfall was gobbled up by the banks. Wheeling and dealing in order to keep the lights on had become a way of life at Everton.

Not any longer. They are now the masters of their own destiny. Backed by Billionaire Farhard Moshiri the Merseysiders are operating on a level playing field for the first time in decades and they are determined to make the most of it. They now possess the financial firepower to mold their side as they see fit; no longer relying on the patchwork make-do strategy that was thrust upon them so often in the past.

With the financial shackles cast aside there is a real momentum gathering pace at Goodison Park. Dead wood has been shipped out and a new spine of the side is slowly taking shape. Jordan Pickford has been acquired from Sunderland. Michael Keane from Burnley. Ajax’s 24 year old captain Davy Klaassen has been added to the ranks and was swiftly followed by the 21 year old ex-Barcelona strike prodigy Sandro Ramirez.

Players like Romelu Lukaku and Ross Barkley, who just 18 months ago looked irreplaceable for the Blues are now merely dispensable assets. As good as they are if they are not fully on board with the project at hand then they will be replaced. It is a new found ruthlessness that may well be a new concept to many younger generation Blues; but one that harps back to the heady days of the Mersey Millionaires tag of the 60's.

That was an era when the club truly embraced it’s motto: Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Nothing but the best is good enough.

There is a real sense that something very special is happening at Goodison Park right now. They may be about to reconnect with that motto in a way many Blues never thought they would see again. The departure of Lukaku is simply testament to that fact.

He is good. But he isn’t the best.

And maybe for this new emerging Everton, that just isn’t quite good enough.
Thats one way of looking at it, but getting rid of players who can do it in the prem, and signing unproven prem players - even the promising Keen is from a team who came in the bottom 8 - the keeper relegated team - the other two players so far unproven in the prem, and may need time to settle -may be a gamble unless more proven signings are now made if Ross , and Jags go we may have lost the spine of our team - look at Spurs sold bale for 100 million bought in many players most struggled - buying a mixed bag of players who have not gelled as a team is not always a wise thing!

If you look around at the teams above us they are adding players to their squads not having a big sale - look it may by August we will know what we have, and things may go hunky dory but imo it's a big risk atm we have nothing up front no cover at full backs - and no width!
all this may change by more status in prem players signed ?

Sadly don't often deal with any companies close to the size of a football club. A comp with 3 or 4 property disposals is quite big for me lol

But as far as I've seen and have heard, Lukaku should have a NBV per accounts of about 12m. So if we're saying 75m round figure then it's a gain of over 60m. The clauses are the bit I'm not sure about. Most reports say about 15m is dependant on clauses. I assume we will recognise this income only in the year it is received.

We've made gains already on Cleverley and a significant one on Deleuofeu. The money is still readily available for an expensive replacement up top.
Hi mate.
To be honest I tagged you in to see if you could save me a load of time by saying "Hi Hibbo,,the player gains don't matter cos there's deffo rollover relief you massive tit"
Strange as it may seem, if rollover relief is as I think it is, the profits from sales are irrelevant as long as you spend them all.
Geri profit about the same as Cleverley too.
You're right about recognization of add ons mate, kicks in when the clause does.

Charlie Austin? Goal-hanger, and weve not had one of them for a while?
Llorente from Swansea, target man option.

Id give Mirallas an opportunity to play up top too

Just said on ssn that Lukaku did not have permission to not return to training today, abit different to what Joyce said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back