Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So um... when Jose blows up in 12 months or so and gets sacked like he always does, what happens to Rom then? Does he start following him around from club to club?

Give him a chance, he said he's changed. And he's only in the u23s, I can't see Rom coming back to play for them.

I am mate- gutted. Said it before, should be building a team around him, not sell him to a club that we could rival in a cole of years.

He doesn't want to be here, even after seeing the change in approach. He wants to join a team that wins stuff, rather than be the reason a team does. It's the wrong attitude to have.

For someone who has scored so many goals in such a short space of time, I should be bothered, but I'm not, not in the slightest, and I'm not the only 1 by a long way. That tells you everything you need to know.

I am mate- gutted. Said it before, should be building a team around him, not sell him to a club that we could rival in a cole of years.

Better players than Lukaku have left bigger clubs than ours. Even United couldn't stop Ronaldo going to Madrid at the same age.

He doesn't want to be here and we're getting what amounts to a world record fee. I can think of worse outcomes.

They can say Wayne Rooney is valued at £10 million and try to claim the deal for Lukaku is worth £100 million but let's face it, ManU would rip up Rooney's contract and let him go on a free if they could.

That being said, if the £15 million in add-ons can be reasonably achieved, this sounds like a great deal for Everton. We got many good years from Lukaku and absolutely maxed out his value in the transfer market. Now we'll have a good "team" and can stop worrying about what Lukaku will do when on international breaks.

But he doesn't want to stay at Everton,why would you want to build a team around someone who is disrespectful to his team mate on numerous occasions.Get as much as you can and move on.

He doesn't want to be here, even after seeing the change in approach. He wants to join a team that wins stuff, rather than be the reason a team does. It's the wrong attitude to have.

For someone who has scored so many goals in such a short space of time, I should be bothered, but I'm not, not in the slightest, and I'm not the only 1 by a long way. That tells you everything you need to know.

Better players than Lukaku have left bigger clubs than ours. Even United couldn't stop Ronaldo going to Madrid at the same age.

He doesn't want to be here and we're getting what amounts to a world record fee. I can think of worse outcomes.

I do agree with all these quote, but just my opinion I like Lukaku as a footballer and goalscorer. its just ashame that we couldnt get better players
around him to realise his ambition, and then stay at the club.

It is colossal money for any player and this deal alone should make us a lot less bitter about the money RM got when sacked last year.

Utd and Mourinho are taking two huge risks here not just one.

The first is spending this kind of money on Lukaku... I am trying to assess the playing without being sour that he is leaving and wondering if he is worth 100m. In my opinion he isn't. Yes , he will go on a run and score lots of goals and then he will drop the head and lose interest, not chase back and not work hard enough. He has a long way to go to be another Drogba.

The second and even more interesting risk is Rooney.
Still only 31, he wants this move badly...that is obvious. It is clear he is driving this move, not his agent.
He wants to make a point both in the premiership and internationally.
A move like this will give him fresh enthusiasm for the game.
What odds Rooney scores more than Lukaku next season...not nearly as unlikely as some would like to think.
Rooney has been one of the best players in the world for years....Lukaku thinks he has been one of the best players in recent years... fascinating.

I do agree with all these quote, but just my opinion I like Lukaku as a footballer and goalscorer. its just ashame that we couldnt get better players

He could have stayed, helped us into the CL and we'd then have got the better players. All we needed to do was win the Europa League. His new team did. Without him.

They can say Wayne Rooney is valued at £10 million and try to claim the deal for Lukaku is worth £100 million but let's face it, ManU would rip up Rooney's contract and let him go on a free if they could.

That being said, if the £15 million in add-ons can be reasonably achieved, this sounds like a great deal for Everton. We got many good years from Lukaku and absolutely maxed out his value in the transfer market. Now we'll have a good "team" and can stop worrying about what Lukaku will do when on international breaks.
It means that Utd are probably paying Rooney the money we would have had to pay him to sign him.
The fact that Mourinho doesn't want him is down to managers choice rather than players ability, just ask Schneiderlin, De Bruyne and yes.. Lukaku.

Mate he must have known what koemans plans were and what Moshiri wants,but he decided he wants to bale,yes it would have been great if he wanted too stay but I think he thinks he's too big for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back