Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only complaint is that nobody thought of tipping off Chelski earlier , setting up a bidding war and thus making £85mill plus add ons achievable. Neither Conte or Jose would let their own men back out of such a bidding war easily , would have been enjoyable to sit back and watch .... and count the extra money.

My only complaint is that nobody thought of tipping off Chelski earlier , setting up a bidding war and thus making £85mill plus add ons achievable. Neither Conte or Jose would let their own men back out of such a bidding war easily , would have been enjoyable to sit back and watch .... and count the extra money.
I would have preferred him to go to Chelsea

I would have preferred him to go to Chelsea

I don't mind either way as such.....but I am loving he has snubbed Chelsea as this has screwed their striker situation on the cusp of the new season and may well lead to a lot of rancour berween Conte and the club's DOF.

Love it: Stones to City 50m - not worth half that. Lukaku to Utd 75m - MY OPINION - not worth half that. Posted previously, just wish he would go!

I do agree with all these quote, but just my opinion I like Lukaku as a footballer and goalscorer. its just ashame that we couldnt get better players
around him to realise his ambition, and then stay at the club.

Problem with that is, he will never be happy here. He wanted us to show ambition, assuming we wouldnt, so he has an excuse to leave.

He is ambitious, but the wrong kind of ambitious. He is a glory Hunter, which is why he "grew up" supporting Chelsea in Belgium.
And they are the only team he wants to play for... Apart from one of their biggest rivals.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wanting to win trophies. But what I hate is when players want to move to teams that do instead of wanting to improve the teams they are with.

Can you honestly tell me that Lukaku has given everything for us in the time he's been here?

He has scored lots of goals, but he goes on Holiday in February/March. He goes away and chats [Poor language removed] about needing/wanting to be elsewhere. He moans at other players for not passing to him, or not giving him the pass he wanted. He sulks when Baines takes a penalty ahead of him. He petulantly tells senior players to be quiet in front of millions for having the audacity to question his work rate.

And you think we should be trying to make sure he's happy?

We have sold better, more important players than him before and been fine, and we will be again.

Now let's go and spend the money we've already spent on Van Dijk (I don't even really want him).

If you think about it, the 4th biggest transfer of all time is 75 million. The 3rd biggest is 80 million. Those top 4 are Pogba, Bale, Ronaldo and Higuan.

We've more chance of finishing above United. That'd be great.
No we don't. Manyoo will be incredibly strong next season because we have let them get stronger.

They are building a very strong side, let's not bury our heads in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back