Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
His goals will be missed but it will be nice to hear him gobbing off about another club, probably realise he isn,t as good as he thinks he is. Didn,t Harry Kane give him goals start and games, but didn't take a holiday at the end of the season. He certainly isn't one of the worlds great strikers, and I doubt he ever will be.

Is Lukaku really a 25 goal a season striker? We keep talking goal replacement from the 25 goal level, but while I really like Lukaku, and think if he stays in the premier league he will be one of its best strikers easy, we are just taking last seasons 25 goal figure. Yes, hes young, and can still improve, but he was also on a team that had few other attacking options. The season before he scored 18. I think hes more likely to be a 21-22 goal scorer this coming season, THATS what we are trying to replace.

If we can pick up a 15 goal scorer that puts in 5-6 more assists, we might have just that.

Funny how sky correct themselves but leave the original story up on their site. They'll only change it after the lunchtime

We don't know what the fee is, though. No point speculating/panicking about something that hasn't happened.

Also, interesting point about moshiri and kenwright... Why do you think they are not competent? One is a billionaire and the other has run a premier league football club for over a decade.

It's off topic so I can discuss this in another thread, but where do people rank Bill in a league of club owners over the last 20 years? I'd say he's higher than most people would care to admit.
Fair enough. I jumped the gun. BBC reports said deal done at £75m and all the media were reporting medical imminent. I was worried that Man Utd were going to rail road Everton into doing the deal on their terms

£15m in add ons won't be appearance based. Appearance based add ons are much smaller e.g 4/5m. These add ons will be dependent on us probably winning CL, Lukaku making Ballon D'or Shortlist or being Top Scorer in the premier league.
Are you posting from the school bus?

We know nothing about what the add-ons might be but we still know more than you.

Fair enough. I jumped the gun. BBC reports said deal done at £75m and all the media were reporting medical imminent. I was worried that Man Utd were going to rail road Everton into doing the deal on their terms

Looks like the Mosh put an end to that straight away.

Really dont care he is going. Yes he gives you goals. But that is it. Koeman wants more from his strikers than that. Needs to improve his all round game before hes this world class player he thinks he is. I just couldnt take to him personally. Give me Rooney over him every day of the week. Offers so much more to the team. Lukaku= Lineker mk2

What a time to be an Evertonian though. Our best striker for 30 years is about to join the manc's and nobody is arsed.

It's not that no one's arsed, most blues just resigned themselves to Rom leaving months ago.

We have won one trophy in the last thirty years and finished in the top 4 just once during the Premier League era. We were never going to keep a player like Lukaku.

Is Lukaku really a 25 goal a season striker? We keep talking goal replacement from the 25 goal level, but while I really like Lukaku, and think if he stays in the premier league he will be one of its best strikers easy, we are just taking last seasons 25 goal figure. Yes, hes young, and can still improve, but he was also on a team that had few other attacking options. The season before he scored 18. I think hes more likely to be a 21-22 goal scorer this coming season, THATS what we are trying to replace.

If we can pick up a 15 goal scorer that puts in 5-6 more assists, we might have just that.

You forget the 6-7 assists of Lukaku each season...

2014/2015 20 goals, 7 assists
2015/2016 25 goals, 6 assists
2016/2017 26 goals, 7 assists.

All comps.

My guess about the 15million add ons:
1 million for the first sulk when a team mate scores instead of passes to him.
2 million for his 1st dab with Pogba.
3 million for his first berating of abother player's through ball that he couldn't be bothered to run on to.
3 million when his dad moans about some perceived slight.
5 million when Raiola starts touting him around Europe.
1 million for his first tweet of him telling everyone about his love of Chelsea.

So essentially the deal is 75 million up front and 15 million next week. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back