Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate they've won more trophies in the last 6 months than we have in 30 years, I'm pretty sure he's trading up.

Yeah, probably should have worded my thoughts better. I was just thinking along the lines that their top-four finishes haven't been as consistent in the last 4 years as they were under Ferguson. Obviously, they've been successful, even in these recent times.

I am just at an absolute loss as to how some people are viewing this. The whole point of this window is to strengthen the squad. If we can do that AND make money, what's the issue? Should we sell Lukaku for a tenner to keep the net spend up? Its bonkers.

Maybe yous can all see something I can't, but the only time I'm bothered about net anything, is when the balls hitting the back of it.

modern footy eh. Pffft

There's a lot of posters dancing to the same tune and we know who the Pied Piper is.

Sounds like we've been mugged off.
That's what I thought this morning, but that's Utd's offer. According to the reports I have read, Utd have to agree terms on £75m plus add-ons and it's up to Moshiri and Everton to make sure that it's achievable things like appearances, goals, European qualification etc.

Yesterday Utd dictated agenda through their cronies in the BBC so they spun it their way, but I note that this medical hasn't taken place and wont until everton get £90m

O
Bang on. They paid £90million for Pogba so they can pay that for Lukaku.
Pogba was a 'in' player with the media though, highly thought of but never a negative spin.

Lukaku comes from Everton, they always describe us as decent, nice, well run but not a top 6 one, Lukaku is also always compared to others and the negative parts always highlighted.
The media can raise and drop a price with a few weeks coverage and spin.

They don't need to use actual facts.

I can honestly say Of all the big players we’ve let go,since I can remember circa 1975, I am defo least bothered about Rom. I’m actually excited to see the final third performances now, as well have someone who can hold the ball. I think I was more bothered when Mark Pembridge moved on

if he hasn't had the club's consent to miss training i hope to god we're not paying him any wages, would anybody on here be paid their usual wage if they decided to go on holiday without telling their boss and refusing to come back after they were asked too?

I doubt that's the case tbh, his attitude towards the club has hardly been great this last year, but i highly doubt he'd be posting everything all over instagram trying to rub our noses in it that he's not coming back for training. Think he'd be over there training with pogba even if he was moving to chelsea myself.

He's not in our plans, so there really wouldn't be any point in us having around USM Finch farm, so makes sense if we'd given him permission not to bother.

£15m in add ons won't be appearance based. Appearance based add ons are much smaller e.g 4/5m. These add ons will be dependent on us probably winning CL, Lukaku making Ballon D'or Shortlist or being Top Scorer in the premier league.

But we wouldn't be strengthening. We would be rebalancing the squad away from one star striker to a lot of decent players. The end result will probably be about the same in terms of league position.

To improve we need to spend money. There's no getting away from that.

I don't think people realise how hard it will be replacing Lukaku's goals and assists.

Lukaku scored what, 25 league goals last year, which is a good return. Trouble is, we never scored enough from elsewhere, so by bringing in a goalscoring midfielder in Klaasen (granted, still has lots to prove in the EPL) we start to eat into that, and he's not even a striker.

I like Lukau, he's one of the best strikers we've had in decades, but he's by no means irreplaceable. there are plenty of ways to replace his goals, and one of those is spreading them across the team, which, as a bonus puts the squad in a much stronger position and less susceptible to freak injuries. If we lose Lukakus 25 goals ( don't forget 4 of these were against one team), but get in a midfielder who can add 7-8 extra goals from the centre, then all of a sudden we're only looking for 17-18 from a striker, which while still a big target for an individual is less daunting and seems like a realistic total for many, available players.

I think, and its only my opinion, that many people are looking at the position, rather than the team as a whole. Where would we of been had Lukaku got injured last year?

Koeman might have a plan to play in a different way, potentially, and it seems like it to me he is looking at playing similar to how Southampton played under him, hit the wings, get the ball across, have a midfielder there to mop up (Klaasen) and a big lad upfront who'll get his head on it (Giroud rumours). Get a second striker (Sandro) to deal with through balls and to buzz around the feet of the target man. Would Lukaku fit into that style? I'm not so sure. Lukaku likes the ball in front of him to power past defenders and run with it. He's not so great at hold up play, or running on to the ball in the box.

I'd still rather have Lukaku here cause he scores goals, but not at any cost, and I genuinely feel that we will finish this window stronger than the last, and the next one stronger than this. Progression is the aim, not net spend figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back