Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we have inserted a sell on clause? Pulling a number out of thin air like 20% could be quite a very large sum in 3-4 years if he gets sold for £200m. The way prices are going it could be more & that's quite a tidy sum. 40m on top.

he wanted to leave, Why even bother being upset..He scored goals..YAAAAAY, wanted to leave...BYEEEEE It really should be that simple. We are Everton football fans, We follow our team through the rough and the smooth...this is not about individual players.

Personally, I don't like how he's treated the club and it's a great piece of business for a striker that isn't the complete package. Bye Rom...thanks for the goals but you weren't Everton in the end!:bye:

He's been making his way out of the door from the moment he walked through it. At this point I'm happy to get the inevitable over with- while enjoying the MUFC/ CFC twitter fume along the way- so we can move on and continue to build the team.

Im not saying it in a bad way, I was mostly in the 'he's not all that' camp. Im just suprised people are excited. I think our excellent window so far and the promise of more players to come has given people who were previously assuming that we would collaspe, suffer multiple relegations then cease to exist after he left a bit of optimism

Its fascinating that our fans are finding this as exciting as Man U fans - you wouldn't think we were losing a 'top' player.

I think alot of us are, in fact, pretty sad over this, not excited in any way - MU trading back a worn Rooney for our best shiney new striker again. Plus us paying for over the hill Rooney MORE than we paid lukaku or any of our current squad for a 2-3 contract.

Having said that if Rooney agrees to 100k or less, closer to is actual value, then I'd happily welcome him. I also think even a past it Rooney is still better than Barkley as an attacking midfielder (at least for a year or so) .

Im not saying it in a bad way, I was mostly in the 'he's not all that' camp. Im just suprised people are excited. I think our excellent window so far and the promise of more players to come has given people who were previously assuming that we would collaspe, suffer multiple relegations then cease to exist after he left a bit of optimism
Tbh mate, I think our "excitement" is just tinged with a little angst but many teams higher up the table have lost far better players and they learn to adapt, We will learn to do the same.

The 'Rom' situation has seen me changing my mind over and over again -
Poor control but, scores goals.
Doesn't press but, scores goals.
Doesn't hold the ball up but, scores goals.

I thought he would address those 'minus' points under Koeman and would become the player he could be.
It seems not, which is a pity because he does have the ability to be good.

The constant media stuff, that he was a more than willing participant in, didn't help endear himself to me and others.
So probably the right time for him to go.

As to where?
Can't stand the superiority that either of the 2 clubs/supporters feel about us as, when the prem started, we were on par with utd, chelsea weren't even a 'thing'. So, "If you know your history", the mancs rather than the nouveau rich chavs.
And tbf Utd & Mourinho do seem to have learnt their lessons after the Fellaini/Baines/Stones sagas.

They kept it quiet without trying to put pressure on us via the press, seem to have met our asking price and done it early in the window leaving us time to reinvest. Chelsea however didn't seem to learn anything from their Stones bid.

Was always way too good for us. One of my favourite all time Everton players. Will miss him but I don't think we will suffer as a result of all this, just means we will change approach. If anything I am more excited about our future now because we won't apply same tactic. Great tactic it was but if the quality had been around it more, we would not be having this talk. Some other big clubs have been through situations like this and turned the page for the better, so can we. The EFC summer signing spree has been jawdropping so far.

Was always way too good for us. One of my favourite all time Everton players. Will miss him but I don't think we will suffer as a result of all this, just means we will change approach. If anything I am more excited about our future now because we won't apply same tactic. Great tactic it was but if the quality had been around it more, we would not be having this talk. Some other big clubs have been through situations like this and turned the page for the better, so can we. The EFC summer signing spree has been jawdropping so far.

Way too good for us?

Behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back