Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always way too good for us. One of my favourite all time Everton players. Will miss him but I don't think we will suffer as a result of all this, just means we will change approach. If anything I am more excited about our future now because we won't apply same tactic. Great tactic it was but if the quality had been around it more, we would not be having this talk. Some other big clubs have been through situations like this and turned the page for the better, so can we. The EFC summer signing spree has been jawdropping so far.

May i ask how old you are?

if chelsea did match united's bid i would hope for us to say "nah, united offered that first, so we can't accept yours, add an extra £10m on top though ...?". Chelsea on the other hand could then offer that £10m to compensate the extra united are willing to offer his agent. I think the rooney deal has had some sort of impact on this though. If we turned around and did that united would change their mind on this so called wavering of a £10m fee and are probably paying more of his wages as a result of this lukaku saga.

Our lack of interest in any chelsea player may have cost them here, yet, they only have themselves to blame. He was supposedly their top target for that striker position, they waited too long, they could have got it sorted a while back and worried about costa after.

Is the CFC bid serious or just a face saver intended to placate Conte. I don't see how Chelsea's bid can match Utd's unless they throw in £10m to cover Rooney's notional fee?

SSN reporter said Raiola was due to receive £10m from Utd as well. that's very dodgy in my opinion.

Still can't fathom the 75-100 million fee. It's got to be celebrated.

We had a few decent seasons out of Rom and have absolutely rinsed Utd. Ridiculous money.

Our squad is getting some serious upgrades. Big season ahead.
Every single media organisation is describing it as £75m

do you know what i haven't seen mentioned, which is hilarious. United are paying a massive sum for what could be their 4th choice target? They definitely wanted griezmann and morata ahead of lukaku, and possibly belotti as well?

But the great part is ... they actually seem like they're going to be paying us more money for lukaku than they actually were going to pay for their no.1 target griezmann, they got very desperate a bit too quickly it seems.

Lukaku was the hottest young striker in the world when we signed him.

The fact we had such a good player for so long at a great time of his career baffles me.

He's leaving for a world record fee after becoming our best PL striker of all time and people are chatting absolute wham about his first touch.

Who exactly are we supposed to replace him with? Who's available with that kind of scoring record that we can afford and will join us?

Yeah! Four decent seasons as our top scorer and then we sell him for what's looking like a world record transfer fee. WHAT A JUDAS THOUGH.

Really cannot get my head around people who are wishing him ill. His off-field antics, childish and irritating as they have been, haven't stopped him become our top goalscorer in the Prem era or stopped him generating around £90m as a transfer fee. I'd love him to stay with us and be a part of our breaking into the CL, but the minute the fee (including add-ons) hit £90m it became too good to turn down.
Tbh I wouldn't be entirely surprised if his agent enouraged him in some of them so Everton fans were more comforable with him being sold.

Is the CFC bid serious or just a face saver intended to placate Conte. I don't see how Chelsea's bid can match Utd's unless they throw in £10m to cover Rooney's notional fee?

SSN reporter said Raiola was due to receive £10m from Utd as well. that's very dodgy in my opinion.
Think it's a face saver, there's an article with quotes from Mata saying about how Lukaku can help them win the league, it's with Marca i believe, but he wouldn't be allowed to say things like that without the club's permission and unless it was a done deal, surely.

Glad he's going to United rather than Chelsea.

Thanks for the goals big man. Good luck getting past Keane and Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back