Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Chelsea fans are consoling themselves with the thought of the money they make from the 20% sell on clause will go towards Morata lol

Already can't wait for MOTD to add 5 mins to the Man Utd half hour weekly segment next season, following a nil nil at Old Trafford, 5 extra minutes for a special Lukaku analysis from Alan Shearer where he tells us what we already know about Rom, and also that he scored in a 4-1 vs Holland. Then he somehow mentions Newcastle and that they're back in the big league now. And he respectfully disapproves of Sunderland's ownership model.
Then at about 12:40am they cram in 3 games containing 14 goals and tell us they were crap games anyway and nite nite, here's a clip of Rooney to send you on your way.

Was always way too good for us. One of my favourite all time Everton players. Will miss him but I don't think we will suffer as a result of all this, just means we will change approach. If anything I am more excited about our future now because we won't apply same tactic. Great tactic it was but if the quality had been around it more, we would not be having this talk. Some other big clubs have been through situations like this and turned the page for the better, so can we. The EFC summer signing spree has been jawdropping so far.

You lost me with the first line.

And tbf Utd & Mourinho do seem to have learnt their lessons after the Fellaini/Baines/Stones sagas.

They kept it quiet without trying to put pressure on us via the press, seem to have met our asking price and done it early in the window leaving us time to reinvest. Chelsea however didn't seem to learn anything from their Stones bid.

The funny twist in him going to utd, is that he'd probably become a better player under Conte?
Mourinho likes 'finished' players and Lukaku isn't Drogba?

Says he loves Chelsea and is a fan after seeing Hasslebaink score against United, then doesn't rejoin them. Think their fans may express some displeasure at him next season. I accepted he's going for a looooooooong time, so pleased to see this finally nearly over.

Loving the savvy new EFC. Whoever leaked the offer from Utd to the media deserves a medal. We now have 2 clubs with over-inflated egos battling it out for a player that Koeman couldn´t really care about . Plus, there´s the very real possibility of friction between Lukaku and the charming Mr. Raiola....fully deserved for his 99.9999999999% crap a few months ago. Loving sitting back just watching them all fall out while we go out and spend another 100 mil next week LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

The funny twist in him going to utd, is that he'd probably become a better player under Conte?
Mourinho likes 'finished' players and Lukaku isn't Drogba?
Less chance of falling out with Conte as well I would have thought. Ah well, his problem now.

I'll miss him though, not just for the goals but that season we were "Everloan" was one of my favourites as an Everton fan and he was a big part of it.

Still can't fathom the 75-100 million fee. It's got to be celebrated.

We had a few decent seasons out of Rom and have absolutely rinsed Utd. Ridiculous money.

Our squad is getting some serious upgrades. Big season ahead.

Hope his career nose dives the big lump.
Yeah! Four decent seasons as our top scorer and then we sell him for what's looking like a world record transfer fee. WHAT A JUDAS THOUGH.

Really cannot get my head around people who are wishing him ill. His off-field antics, childish and irritating as they have been, haven't stopped him become our top goalscorer in the Prem era or stopped him generating around £90m as a transfer fee. I'd love him to stay with us and be a part of our breaking into the CL, but the minute the fee (including add-ons) hit £90m it became too good to turn down.

He will suit utd more than Chelsea. Ibra pretty much did what he wanted up front so lukaku can take over where he left off. Him replacing Costa and his pressing on the otherhand wouldn't suit him imo. If true we are getting 90 mill cash and Rooney released to us I think it's a fantastic deal. I would prefer he go to Chelsea personally as I think he'd have more of a detrimental effect on them, they would struggle with the high press with him up front. Can't turn down the offer from utd though for let's face it, a young, premier league goalscorer but who definitely has his limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back