Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you objectively analyse it £75mil + plus add ons is a fair deal all round. £100 million was always crazy but I guess in the madness of the modern day transfer window a lot of us got a bit carried away into thinking we could get that for him.

Rooney is not his replacement but a squad player and I'm pretty happy we're bringing him in. Who will actually be Rom's replacement is interesting, Giroud seems like the obvious shout but I think I would rather see a younger option brought in.

As anyone done a break down of Rom's goals last season? How many were winners/saved a point, consolation or just the cherry on the cake etc.

My gut feeling without checking is that a lot of his goals cam late on after we had given a team a good hiding. It's easier to score when the whole team is playing champagne football, I want a player who gets one chance and scores. (Tbf Rom did this against city away but I want to see someone who can do that regularly)

The problem we face is that strikers are the most prized players and the most difficult to sign as soon as they become anyway established.

We can all list half a dozen strikers that we would like to sign and would probably be very good for us but at the moment they simply won't come.

They are being courted by clubs as big as us, offering the same or more money and probably offering CL.
We are building and gaining in reputation but we are not yet at the stage of being able to attract the big names.

If the current project continues as it is then very shortly that will change.

For a long time we could not compete over finances, that seems less of a problem now but we need to be in or at least closely contesting CL spots for a few years to be considered as a destination worth going to.
See the post below yours by @Bally8.
We better enjoy the Europa League this season as it may be our last for a while I am afraid.
Naturally, I hope I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's not live here, but ESPN Press Pass were saying just over an hour ago that the fee is 100 million. There was a lot of head shaking, and there was a suggestion that the offer might be a United ruse to get Real to
drop their asking price for Morata.

Soundwavebutton_zps8fae229e.gif

Baffled why anyone is bloody panicking about this.

We all knew he was off.

The club knew he was off.

We've made signings to prepare for this and we will continue to do so.

We'll play in a different way.
I think the fee reported is throwing people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back