Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you objectively analyse it £75mil + plus add ons is a fair deal all round. £100 million was always crazy but I guess in the madness of the modern day transfer window a lot of us got a bit carried away into thinking we could get that for him.

Rooney is not his replacement but a squad player and I'm pretty happy we're bringing him in. Who will actually be Rom's replacement is interesting, Giroud seems like the obvious shout but I think I would rather see a younger option brought in.
No ways, we need a proven striker not another up and coming one. Giroud for 20m is an absolute no brainer.

It's all well and good saying we can replace his goals with a greater spread but that is just to stay where we are, we need someone to score his goals AND a far greater contribution from midfield to improve, surely?

For me it's why the Barkley situation is more worrying than this one.

It's all well and good saying we can replace his goals with a greater spread but that is just to stay where we are, we need someone to score his goals AND a far greater contribution from midfield to improve, surely?
Not really.

If you look at last season and although the goals were about , none of them made 10 goals individually. So to replace lukaku we would need 3 players to individually score 10 each , which you would hope would be 3 strikers we have on the books at the start if the season.

Any additional goals like last season will be an added bonus on top of That, so if our 3 strikers scored 15 each then we almost double roms contribution.

You have to remember we have rom replacement , kone replacement , niasse / Valencia replacement. So considering 2 of them got less than 5 between them if we can increase the return from the front line then we would be much more effective this season

As anyone done a break down of Rom's goals last season? How many were winners/saved a point, consolation or just the cherry on the cake etc.

My gut feeling without checking is that a lot of his goals cam late on after we had given a team a good hiding. It's easier to score when the whole team is playing champagne football, I want a player who gets one chance and scores. (Tbf Rom did this against city away but I want to see someone who can do that regularly)
Think all his goals resulted in an extra 8 points. So we'd have still finished 7th. Think he only scored in 15 games so for 23 games we did ok without his goals.

Everyone saying Everton have called a deal agreed as bull apart from tha BBC who are Starting to embarrass themselves with the coverage of this.

Man Utd and this fat lump of an agent trying to rattle Chelsea's cage people that's all.

Mind you I'll take £75m and mata or martial and a reduced fee say £65m...but £75m in today's market ? No

We've just signed a player who scored 20 goals from midfield last season.

If Ross leaves, we'll get another playmaker in (we may well do even if Ross stays).

It'll be alright in ten years time when we get him back after he's washed up and can't get in there team.

Really don't see the point in strengthening a team that we are supposedly trying to catch. You don't catch them by selling them your best player whilst signing their cast offs.

'...in other news a spokesperson for Sigames has said they are releasing a new optional Mino Raiola patch for FM2018. They have decided on this addition due to popular demand, with many of their loyal fanbase desiring that authentic 'pull your hair out murderous rage inducing smash your computer screen experience'. The update will be free but gamers are being promised that they will pay for it dearly somewhere down the line.'

Let's be realistic.
If we'd have thought a few months back that we'd have got £75m plus add-ons, I think the vast majority would have thought that was a very good price.
The £100m was clearly a good start point from a negotiating perspective.

We were so fortunate that Lukaku didn't get injured last season as he was responsible for the majority of our goals.
We'll be a lot less reliant on one player next season.
Sandro, I believe, will bring a lot more to the team's general play than Rom, whilst not scoring as many goals.
Klaassen should contribute more goals than anybody from midfield last year.
If we can get Giroud, his goal record speaks for itself, although his work-rate may be no better than Rom's.
Sigurdsson for me, would be the icing on the cake and much more dependable than Ross.
Goals need to be spread around much more and should be next season.

Let's face it, if Lukaku had stayed, we'd have just had his dad piping more sh1t and rumours every time Belgium played.
This was inevitable, so the sooner we can draw a line under it the better and move on.
Let's concentrate on the many positives to date, with no doubt, more to come.

COYB !!

Not really.

If you look at last season and although the goals were about , none of them made 10 goals individually. So to replace lukaku we would need 3 players to individually score 10 each , which you would hope would be 3 strikers we have on the books at the start if the season.

Any additional goals like last season will be an added bonus on top of That, so if our 3 strikers scored 15 each then we almost double roms contribution.

You have to remember we have rom replacement , kone replacement , niasse / Valencia replacement. So considering 2 of them got less than 5 between them if we can increase the return from the front line then we would be much more effective this season
So you're saying I'm right, we need to replace his goals AND more to improve. Thanks.

Going to put it this way for the sake of an Argument Costa stays at Chelsea and Lukaku goes:

Manchester City - Aguero 20+ goals a season

Chelsea - Costa 20+ a season

United - Lukaku 20+

Spurs - Kane 20+

Arsenal - Sanchez 20+

Liverpool - None due to the fact Sturridge is never fit

That's what we are competing with lads sorry Giroud and Rooney won't cut it.

Giroud has close to a 1 in 2 record throughout his career. Playing week in week out with the right service he could get close to 20 I reckon.

It totally depends on how a team is set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back