Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all well and good saying we can replace his goals with a greater spread but that is just to stay where we are, we need someone to score his goals AND a far greater contribution from midfield to improve, surely?
It's a tough one really. I understand where you're coming from, but without his goals last season we still would've finished 7th. It's not the goals he scored we need, it's goals in games where we can't break the deadlock. We need a goalscorer in the big games, we need a goalscorer in the scrappy horrible games.

On redcafe they are all delighted with both deals. On here, clearly less so.
I still think swapping Rom for Rooney and £75m ain't that bad a deal!

without a doubt he is a big loss.
but the player wanted to leave and there is nothing you can do really but to sell him for a fee as high as we can.
and i think the deal is a good one.
still think we need a good goalscorer to compete with Sandro though, we shouldn't rely just on Sandro.
oh, and no Rooney please- we already have plenty of experience in this squad.

Think all his goals resulted in an extra 8 points. So we'd have still finished 7th. Think he only scored in 15 games so for 23 games we did ok without his goals.

Thanks, that's sort of what I was thinking. 20 something goals sounds impressive but 8 of them were against Sunderland and Bournemouth and I'd back our new recruits to be enough to finish them off.

chuck smalling in the deal
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back