Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

I'm saying if Chelsea and united weren't in for him he would be happy here but he knew they were. If they didn't bid for him there would be no point in him putting in a transfer request because he wouldn't get the move he's after. He doesn't just want out of Everton, he wants a particular move, and he's been aware for some months that he was going to get it.
I feel as if we are going round in circles here mate, which is a bit silly as I think that basically we're of the same opinion as regards ambitious players like Rom who want to move on to bigger/better things.

I don't think I am missing your point. Unless I'm wrong you're saying that just because he wants to move to United/Chelsea, it doesn't follow that he doesn't want to be at Everton. I'm afraid I don't agree. In my eyes, he either wants to be at Everton, or he wants to be somewhere else, wherever that may be. For me, he's made it clear it's the latter. I also don't agree that he's known for a while he's going to get the move he wants. He's known that the club/s in question is/are interested, but they still need to meet our value. Which is where we are now. I still believe he will put in a transfer request in the event this does drag out.

Had you made the argument that he wants to move to United/Chelsea, but if it didn't happen he would be happy to stay at Everton, I could understand that. I still wouldn't agree with you but I could understand your point of view.

It was reported by Jim White on Talksport, after he had been told "He will not be going for a penny under £100million" by Farhad Moshiri himself.

It doesn't make sense to sell him for anything less. EFC don't want to sell him but have a verbal agreement that Lukaku can go if their valuation is met. Their valuation is £100mill. Until that is on the table he is going nowhere. Think of it like a release clause.
That isnt from the club though is it? Jim White could have been told anything and interpreted it differently to what Mosh actually meant, journalists will do anything to get exposure and claiming that we would only accept a world record bid would get lots of it.

He says he wants to win things.He had every chance and was in the driving seat to win the golden boot last season.What does he do,goes on the missing list for the last 5 games of the season and scores 1 goal.That goal was a penalty that he took away from Baines. Get him out the door,take the money and then watch it dawn on Jose why he got rid of him in the first place.Thanks for the goals big man.Now jog on.

I love our new owner, what a genius, now let's wait few hours and Chelsea will make a better offer and we will leak it to the media hoping for a bidding war
How does that work though when the BBC are saying their info is from a United club source and Everton are the party denying it?

I imagine the Rooney considerations would make the number lower and if we were straight up selling Rom it would be close to a world record fee. That's all I really want, to beat 89 million and have WORLD RECORD TRANSFER put on Rom's head. The pressure on him would be immense and the fee would come up every time he had a clanger.

giphy.gif

I imagine the Rooney considerations would make the number lower and if we were straight up selling Rom it would be close to a world record fee. That's all I really want, to beat 89 million and have WORLD RECORD TRANSFER put on Rom's head. The pressure on him would be immense and the fee would come up every time he had a clanger.
Oh that's brilliantly bitter.

Love it.

We are obviously setting our squad up for life without him, goals from all over coz it's not easy to replace a talent like Rom. I can't wait until he is nowhere near our team (it has to have an effect on other players when you have someone belittling the club the way he does) even with his ability! As long as Kev carries on the way he has (keeping his gob shut and his dad keeping his gob shut) Let's just stay clear of Belgians and their gobs an egos ...............and their dads :rant:
So long Rom and thanks for all the goals ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back