Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
once he loses to chelsea this weekend and starts to struggle at united, then the press will start hounding him.

i think he'll then do a fergie and just be grumpy about a lot of things and just refuse to say much/anything in press conferences

I cannot understand the logic involved in such a low bid.Moyes knew that Everton would regard the bid as an insult.
I think he also knew that Baines would probably accept a move but not agitate for one,therefore the bid was unlikely to unsettle the player,if that was their intention.

Fellaini already has a buying price more or less astablished and has three years left on a contract,therefore Everton do have quite a strong hand in this game of cards...for once.

It possibly shows that managers don't have much to do with how much clubs offer for players. Moyes would have known more than anyone that this offer is laughable.

Big Nev's article on Paddy Power nailed it.

What I cannot understand that even among Everton fans never mind the ignorant Man U fans is the idea that we raided Wigan and took their players on the cheap. Which is rubbish, Whelan made it clear Everton and Martinez were okay to come for players if the market value was met.

For Kone we paid more than the asking price.

Robles was a A. Madrid player for whom we paid 1 mill, he was a loan player at Wigan.

Alcaraz was a free agent.

Big Nev's article on Paddy Power nailed it.

What I cannot understand that even among Everton fans never mind the ignorant Man U fans is the idea that we raided Wigan and took their players on the cheap. Which is rubbish, Whelan made it clear Everton and Martinez were okay to come for players if the market value was met.

For Kone we paid more than the asking price.

Robles was a A. Madrid player for whom we paid 1 mill, he was a loan player at Wigan.

Alcaraz was a free agent.

Along with Joe Royle, big Nev is my favourite Evertonian.

I cannot understand the logic involved in such a low bid.Moyes knew that Everton would regard the bid as an insult.
I think he also knew that Baines would probably accept a move but not agitate for one,therefore the bid was unlikely to unsettle the player,if that was their intention.

Fellaini already has a buying price more or less astablished and has three years left on a contract,therefore Everton do have quite a strong hand in this game of cards...for once.

Unless United are in financial problems we are not aware of, if Moyes really wants Fellaini and was ready to offer him 16M, adding few more millions to that offer should not be a problem, for a club like United a 25M or even 30M should not be a problem!

The most logical answer is he is trying to unsettle the players, if that’s the case the club did a great job by leaking the offer and then publicly denying it, it backlashed on Moyes and I am 99% sure that both Baines and Fellaini are not too happy to know how “cheap” he rates them

The back page of the mail is saying Moyes has said we should let them go for the good of their careers. I.e at whatever price they want to pay

Both will play their last game for us tomorrow, nailed on. This sort of thing doesn't make the papers in this way too often without actually happening.

Hb2DnnN.jpg

No quotes.

Looks like a paper just utterly pushing for something, anything to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back