Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ. It's hardly no big deal when a former manager of a club states he'd have handed over the two best players in his old club to his new club...at the prices quoted. I think that's a very big deal, tbh. I cant understand how anyone should be so sanguine about it. It's a massive moment.

You find me the presser or any other paper running with that 4th official quote, then I'll agree.

I beg to differ. It's hardly no big deal when a former manager of a club states he'd have handed over the two best players in his old club to his new club...at the prices quoted. I think that's a very big deal, tbh. I cant understand how anyone should be so sanguine about it. It's a massive moment.
It may well not be that though. He absolutely shouldn't say what he has said, I agree, but they don't seem like the words that would tip the deal in the favour of United and he has made himself look a bit of a t!t in the process.
Those quotes sound like a man feeling the squeeze, meaning he isn't getting his own way. That's promising surely?

To me this makes a lot of sense. There's just something odd about the way they're doing their business.

I don't believe that new story one bit to be honest (Kenwright would get lynched and he runs the club off player sales), but for United to not be involved with other players in Europe is a bit dodgy

I think it's simple: they are the Champons, and Champions by a country mile. They dont need major incomings to be competitive in this league. Adding two exceptional PL performers for a knock down price is a very good transfer window strategy, especially when their old manager is in the manager's seat. And they obviously have this bean counter new to the job determined to show Gill how it's done like gang busters.

Balls in our court, [Poor language removed] them.

Pay up beyatches or face the wrath of your legion of wools, gloryhunters and Asians questioning your manager's suitability for the role. What's our f*cking name?

Balls in our court, [Poor language removed] them.

Pay up beyatches or face the wrath of your legion of wools, gloryhunters and Asians questioning your manager's suitability for the role. What's our f*cking name?

I'd really wish we'd put out a price tag out there for the pay, say something like 60 million. I mean we won't get that but takes the number focus away from 28 million.

Least he's not Sir Alex Ferguson and is just David Moyes so we can flick his opinion aside like a little overcooked pea.

You find me the presser or any other paper running with that 4th official quote, then I'll agree.

Seems clear to me. He appreciates Martinez's position in trying to keep hold of them but he'd find it hard to resist if SAF had come calling for them. Whatever else could that sentence trail off into saying? It's clutching at straws to think the gist is anything else...it's a quote shorn of two or three words that cant possibly change the nature of what's preceded it.

To me this makes a lot of sense. There's just something odd about the way they're doing their business.

I don't believe that new story one bit to be honest (Kenwright would get lynched and he runs the club off player sales), but for United to not be involved with other players in Europe is a bit dodgy

Maybe the Glazers need cash or are thinking about selling? They've just won the league and have the tv money too and they're getting left behind. It could be that Woodward is trying to make a name for himself. They're certainly not spending as freely as in previous seasons.

13/14 -£1.54m net
12/13 -£53.95m net
11/12 -£36.07m net
10/11 -£9.6m net
9/10 +£63.81m net
8/9 -£33.26m net

So they had £18.14m change going into 2012/13 from their dealings in 2009/10!

I think it's simple: they are the Champons, and Champions by a country mile. They dont need major incomings to be competitive in this league. Adding two exceptional PL performers for a knock down price is a very good transfer window strategy, especially when their old manager is in the manager's seat. And they obviously have this bean counter new to the job determined to show Gill how it's done like gang busters.

But it falls on its arse, they don't sign anyone, they finish 3rd or 4th, the United fans won't have it and what them to spend.

They won't get our two players for a knocked down fee. That's a fact. Sorry, but Kenwright needs player sales to cover his club. Two key players go for lower than the market value means he's playing with fire. No money to cover costs and replacements, it's one or the other.

It also makes the new manager look like a prize bellend, and that his chairman is against him.

It's spin mate. £35-40mill is what we'll get. If not, then it'll be put to bed. No one is back handing or doing anyone any favours here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back