Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being knocked back by the likes of Fabregas, no one wants to sign for this gobs**te Moyes...and it's great to see.

The Mail article smacks of desperation from one dimensional Dave.

There's one from Martinez, that's it. If Moyes had said what he's said in the presser, we'd know earlier today.

So no. There's nothing.

Have you actually completely missed it mate, it says in the picture:

"Asked yesterday if he had sympathy for Martinez, Moyes said: "I definitely do. But I also know that if I was the Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Baines and Fellaini, I would have found it...""

Seems clear to me. He appreciates Martinez's position in trying to keep hold of them but he'd find it hard to resist if SAF had come calling for them. Whatever else could that sentence trail off into saying? It's clutching at straws to think the gist is anything else...it's a quote shorn of two or three words that cant possibly change the nature of what's preceded it.

It'll be taken from the presser. Which is probably all online.

No other paper or website has gone with it. Bit strange.

But it falls on its arse, they don't sign anyone, they finish 3rd or 4th, the United fans won't have it and what them to spend.

They won't get our two players for a knocked down fee. That's a fact. Sorry, but Kenwright needs player sales to cover his club. Two key players go for lower than the market value means he's playing with fire. No money to cover costs and replacements, it's one or the other.

It also makes the new manager look like a prize bellend, and that his chairman is against him.

It's spin mate. £35-40mill is what we'll get. If not, then it'll be put to bed. No one is back handing or doing anyone any favours here.

I dont know what kind of response this ^^^ is, I'm not arguing against that scenario. We're defo not fighting to fend them off Fellaini, just getting them to up the price. I think it's what RM wants too. The rest is a piss take...bundling Baines and Fellaini together with a low bid like that is the issue here. They know we want MF gone and they're using it to strip us of Baines for **** all.

Moyes was all I was used to as an Everton fan.

However I lost respect when I heard he screwed us over regarding his contract, now I don't even know who he is now.

I thought the man had principles, especially regarding the incident with Lescott, but this just shows what a two-faced person he really is.

Have you actually completely missed it mate, it says in the picture:

"Asked yesterday if he had sympathy for Martinez, Moyes said: "I definitely do. But I also know that if I was the Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Baines and Fellaini, I would have found it...""

I thought he meant the quote someone's copied a few pages back. I've seen the photo, yeah.

But like I say, where's the quote from and howcome no one is running with it?

Until it's official, I'm keeping fume level at 1.

I think it's simple: they are the Champons, and Champions by a country mile. They dont need major incomings to be competitive in this league. Adding two exceptional PL performers for a knock down price is a very good transfer window strategy, especially when their old manager is in the manager's seat. And they obviously have this bean counter new to the job determined to show Gill how it's done like gang busters.

Mourinho said that they won it by default last year because the competition was so poor and I generally agree. It wasn't a vintage year for Rooney and, if you took Van Persie out of the side, they were pretty ordinary. I think the expression is something along the lines of 'if you're not moving forwards, you're going backwards'. They can't afford to stand still. And Moyes needs to bring in his own players to draw a line under the SAF era.

If their budget is set at £28m (Fabregas/Fellaini + Baines) then he could buy someone like Cabaye and have plenty of change left over.

Monday Night..

" So David, you were unlucky tonight, it didn't look a penalty, but Lampard took it well.. You still haven't won a league game at Old Trafford as a manager.. Does that concern you ? "

I thought he meant the quote someone's copied a few pages back. I've seen the photo, yeah.

But like I say, where's the quote from and howcome no one is running with it?

Until it's official, I'm keeping fume level at 1.

The quote's come from Moyes, probably at the press conference as you say. Loads of papers run stories on quotes that others don't. It's not like it's a HUGE REVEAL or anything that would be on all the back pages. Even The Mail doesn't usually completely fabricate direct quotes.

I dont know what kind of response this ^^^ is, I'm not arguing against that scenario. We're defo not fighting to fend them off Fellaini, just getting them to up the price. I think it's what RM wants too. The rest is a piss take...bundling Baines and Fellaini together with a low bid like that is the issue here. They know we want MF gone and they're using it to strip us of Baines for **** all.

It was about how United are doing their business, how it seems dodgy to me, like Billycopper says.

You mentioned how they're using their brand to bag players, but are going in low just to strengthen rather than splash money.

I just added that in our situation, we don't have to fold like like you say

Mourinho said that they won it by default last year because the competition was so poor and I generally agree. It wasn't a vintage year for Rooney and, if you took Van Persie out of the side, they were pretty ordinary. I think the expression is something along the lines of 'if you're not moving forwards, you're going backwards'. They can't afford to stand still. And Moyes needs to bring in his own players to draw a line under the SAF era.

If their budget is set at £28m (Fabregas/Fellaini + Baines) then he could buy someone like Cabaye and have plenty of change left over.

Is he likely to say any different than that?

They keep Rooney and get Kagawa bang in form and get hold of Baines/Fellaini then even that bottling divvy Moyes will find it hard not to get them over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back