Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They'll never be as good as they were in the 80s when they won things". David Moyes, May 12th 2013.

When he took over, we were a mighty sleeping giant that had fallen on hard times; he saved that sleeping giant from relegation but in the process removed all trace of real ambition from the club's culture and tried to transform us into a club that doesn't merely endure top 10 finishes as a prelude to a eventual return to real success but one that is actually content with finishing in the top 10 while feeding on the scraps from the table of the 'real' giants of the English game. This view of Everton is there in his words and actions over the past decade, it's right there in the above quote and there again in how he is treating us now. Evertonians need to start showing arrogance again, not the deluded kopite variety but the sort that will at least make our younger fans aware that our aim, our eventual aim as a club is to be once again the best side in England. That last line might make a few of you roll your eyes but if you do then that sort of proves my point. Clapping Moyes off after the West Ham game was not befitting of a giant club and our humility is being rammed down our throats now by Moyes and for that I'm glad. If these last few days have taught us anything, it is not to celebrate mediocrity and not to accept being a feeder club for the mancs.

Please relay these tweets. I cant see them.

Much Obliged.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 1h Is Moyes really suggesting he would not have stood in Baines/Fellaini way had Man Utd made a bid when he was Everton manager? Laughable.

Luke O'Farrell ‏@lukeofarrell 14m Moyes' principles and dignity are surely languishing somewhere on the M62. That's the only logical explanation. Lost the plot since leaving.

Greg O'Keeffe ‏@GregOK 30m
Hard not to find Moyes' comments disingenuous. He hardly sat back and philosophically waved Joleon Lescott off did he? #EFC

we all know where this is going though dont we? all this talk of standing up to them....on september 3rd we will be debating whether we got a good deal or not...

I'm enjoying standing toe to toe with them so far tbh. We've played it pretty well.

Yeah. They do look fairly foolish. If they decide to persue their interest they're likely to look pretty stupid either way. If they increase the offer in small increments it will seem like they just don't get it and if they come back with a big offer it will look like they were trying it on in the first place.

The United fans seem to be concerned about replacing a 32 year old left back with one who will soon be 30 and I don't think they're too keen on Fellaini fullstop.

Just came across a photo of myself and Moysie in happier times just before AEK Athens away. Any suggestions what to do with it? !! Keep it clean lads!

we all know where this is going though dont we? all this talk of standing up to them....on september 3rd we will be debating whether we got a good deal or not...

Unless there's a backlash.

I can't see how these quotes could possibly help the moves. It might get the players to agitate, that's the fear. But after the club have made their 'derisory' comment, this adds fuel to the fire. Martinez can't be happy with Moyes patronising him.

Anyone else think Moysie's nose is a bit out of joint with the open talk of a new brand of football at Everton?

Yip.

Moyes had bought into the hype that EFC would "fall apart" without him.

It may yet happen.....but so far the new optimism blowing through the club has probably taken him by surprise and given his ego it is hard for him to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back