Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
makes me wonder when moyes gets sacked, if Martinez moves on would Kenwright even consider re-hiring him. Honestly, what he is doing here is worse than what Benitez said about the club. Great, a rival manager said the club is small. The FORMER manager who spent 11 years hereis saying we should sell players for pittance because 'thats good for their careers'.

yeah like he'd know anyway

he's won fk all, how the fk does he know what's good for their careers ???

We can all be grateful to Moyes for what he did for Everton, but it's a bit like that ex; she was good in the sack but was a complete psycho bitch who was never to be allowed to handle knives. Some lovely memories but you're glad to see the back end of her. Same with Moyes; his true colours are showing and he is not a nice man.

Lost all respect for Moyes a few years ago, then at the end of last season when he said he was going to Man Utd he should have been shown the door and not have been left in charge for last games.
The man is coming across as a complete MUPPET.

Wanted Moyes out for a while as we were going nowhere and I knew other managers could get more out of our squad. Fully expect him to be on MOTD towards the end of the year as a pundit as he's been sacked by Utd for ruining RVP.

I'd accept £23m for Fellaini.

I just would.
Well said ijjy.

Now onto what that detestable ginger serpent Moyes has been whispering faintly into the press' ears as he slithers about on his self-aggradanized pedestal: we're holding back Fellaini and Baines. That's not something he'd ever contemplate as he always has the player's best interests at heart. HA! Huge irony (Lescott, now Rooney) aside, how very nice of him. What a fúcking çunt. I hope you burn you ginger [Poor language removed], crash and burn in this new job you've been waiting so long for while selfish Everton held you back.
**** YOU MOIST

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-marouane-fellaini-leighton-baines?CMP=twt_gu

Here is the full article

David Moyes has claimed Everton's manager, Roberto Martínez, is holding back the careers of Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines by not allowing them to be sold to Manchester United.

The club had a £28m joint bid for the duo rejected by Everton last week, with Martínez intent that neither player is for sale. Moyes, who left Goodison Park to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson this summer, made it clear that he would not have stood in the players' way had he been in his old job.

However, the Scot conceded that during his own time in charge of Everton, Manchester City attempted to buy Joleon Lescott for an undervalued price, so he has some sympathy for Martínez.

"I definitely do but I also know that if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players," he said. Everton described their former manager's offer for the pair as "derisory and insulting" but Moyes said: "I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. They are a great club and they are both excellent players."

He added: "The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well." Moyes would not be drawn on whether he was annoyed that Everton had gone public.

"The transfer window is open and we can make bids and you can say 'Yes or no', it's as simple as that. You are allowed to bid. That's not our choice [to make it public]. That's up to them. You need to ask them that question.

"There's sort of a mixed market at the moment. No one is quite sure where the price is right. It's a sort of strange market. Suddenly someone could give you big money. We've had offers for players at this club, which we feel are quite small. I can see it where other clubs might be thinking it's not enough value for their players as well."

Martínez claimed that United lacked "common sense" but Moyes shrugged this off. "All we can do is do our job here. Roberto is in a new job and I'm sure he'll get to understand how Everton work. I know exactly how Everton work. I think I've signed every player at Everton. I know exactly how they work," he said. Moyes was unaware of the former Everton goalkeeper Neville Southall's claim that the Scot was "despicable" regarding the bid.

Asked if Moyes would have felt the same if £28m had been offered to him as Everton manager, he replied: "That's a different question, which I've tried to answer. Everton are a great club, I respect them greatly and I in no way would want to do it in a way that affects them. Of course, taking a player is going to affect them. I'm doing what I have to do in my job.

"I speak to Bill Kenwright [the chairman] regularly, we speak most weeks. He was great for me and hopefully he would think that I'd done a good job for him as well, and Everton. There's no way there's any disrespect whatsoever. This is just a case where we've made an offer, we didn't make it public to anybody, so we'll try and answer the questions as best we can."

Can no longer stand his me me me attitude. His first words when asked to reply to the description of the offer as derisory?
'I signed every player at Everton'

**** off Moyes, just **** off

"If Sir Alex had come asking...."

Check the mirror, Moylez lid. No Sir Alex standing there. Get over yourself. Liked you much more when you were with the people.

Yeah, that might be the worst part. He thinks that just by going to ManU, he automatically gets as much respect as Sir Alex. He hasn't done anything for them yet. He's going to have to earn that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back