Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we would agree to 38 million for the pair, personally I would tell them to do one.

If you were selling them separately - you would realistically be looking at around 16-18m for Baines. He is 29 years old and has 2 years left of a contract.

Fellaini is harder to value, but let's say for instance Spurs just paid 17 for Paulinho, but City paid 30m for Fernandinho....Fellaini has PL experience which neither of these have. I think somewhere in the middle of around 25m is fair for a player who was considered one of the best midfielders in the league less than 12 months ago.

Minimum 41m for me for the pair of them.

Moyes doesn't believe that Fellaini is worth 23 million, if he was worth 30 and was going for 23 million, then he would have snapped up the clause, he didn't agree so he waits anyway cos he always like to buy players after a couple of games anyway. He also unsettling our players at the same time. This could upset our plans for our home game now.

Moyse may know that felly wants to go there and is hoping the player puts the pressure on.

We're talking at least £28m for Fellaini, £22m for Baines. £50m combined, or at a stretch £45m.

Nobody in their right mind can claim £28m for both is a respectful bid and, this time, this is 100% Moyes dictating transfer policy and treating Everton with disdain.

Agreed.

What would Daniel Levy do in this situation I wonder?

Someone at the club should go public and expose the disrespect and hypocrisy displayed by the gargoyle faced, fanny magnet, bellsniffer.

We're talking at least £28m for Fellaini, £22m for Baines. £50m combined, or at a stretch £45m.

Nobody in their right mind can claim £28m for both is a respectful bid and, this time, this is 100% Moyes dictating transfer policy and treating Everton with disdain.

Don't think there's any way to be CERTAIN the value of this bid is Moyes's doing.

I'm sure he'll have given his opinion on how much they're worth/how much we'd sell for, but obviously Utd's board are bound to come in at a lower bid to start with. That said, I'm surprised they've started THIS LOW.

No mate the delivery never came but I'm going back in about 1. Wanna make something of it? Alan Partridge was pretty good by the way.

I'm hoping this tips Bill over the edge and he writes a strongly worded passage in his memoirs.
I'm hoping it narks Bill right off with them. Bare minimum we should sell for is around 42m I think.

Agreed.

What would Daniel Levy do in this situation I wonder?

Someone at the club should go public and expose the disrespect and hypocrisy displayed by the gargoyle faced, fanny magnet, bellsniffer.

errrm...that's exactly what they've done by leaking the details of the bid.

Do you think he is happy playing for Everton? A player like that could easily fit into any midfield in the league

What's that got to do with valuing him at £18m?

And yes, I think he's fine with playing at Everton. He's had all summer to kick off, he hasn't. Not even one of his dads traditional interviews.

We all know he may go but £18m is arguably taking a third of his value for no reason at all, and we're now under two weeks from the deadline.

We should arguably be holding out for £30m if a club comes in with a desperate bid. We either sell properly or we don't sell at all at this stage of the season.

Don't think there's any way to be CERTAIN the value of this bid is Moyes's doing.

I'm sure he'll have given his opinion on how much they're worth/how much we'd sell for, but obviously Utd's board are bound to come in at a lower bid to start with. That said, I'm surprised they've started THIS LOW.

Ed Woodward will be doing the bidding, but let's be honest, it'd be very, very naive to suggest Moyes isn't dictating what he's prepared to pay and the timing of the bid.

Clubs silence speaks volumes to be honest. Moyes and United know exactly what they're doing come the 2nd of September everyone better sit tight, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they both go in the last couple of hours and were left with no time to get in McCarthy (bleughhh).

Ed Woodward will be doing the bidding, but let's be honest, it'd be very, very naive to suggest Moyes isn't dictating what he's prepared to pay and the timing of the bid.

Timing, yes. What he's prepared to pay, yes.

Starting with this ridiculous bid? I'm much less certain.

Timing, yes. What he's prepared to pay, yes.

Starting with this ridiculous bid? I'm much less certain.

Agreed, that's Ed Woodward as I said. But Moyes would have sanctioned a bid of that value by agreeing the lower and higher end of the estimates.

They'll come back with an "improved" offer no doubt but that's not the point - Moyes would have had the power to stop such a derisory and untimely bid going in.

Here's the conversation:

"Hi David, we're bidding £12m for Baines, £16m for Felli, we'll let you know how it goes."

"Errr... Sound."

Yep people need to remember that Moyes knows the club inside out for the whole of this season. He knows what Kenwright would accept, he knows Fellaini's Dad will be in his ear as soon as the news broken this morning.

Agreed, that's Ed Woodward as I said. But Moyes would have sanctioned a bid of that value by agreeing the lower and higher end of the estimates.

They'll come back with an "improved" offer no doubt but that's not the point - Moyes would have had the power to stop such a derisory and untimely bid going in.

Here's the conversation:

"Hi David, we're bidding £12m for Baines, £16m for Felli, we'll let you know how it goes."

"Errr... Sound."
Possibly, but I think it's equally possible that Moyes would only have input over the TOP end of the bidding, and from there it's the Chief Exec's job to get the deal done as cheaply as possible.

We'll never know for sure I guess, but even without that, I'm angry enough just over the timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back