Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money offered will be nothing to do with Moyes. People do realise that don't they?

Moyes says who he wants and that clueless Woodward guy then offers about 1/3 of their market value before moving onto his next target.

Wrong, managers at most clubs utd included still have a large input on prices

The money offered will be nothing to do with Moyes. People do realise that don't they?

Moyes says who he wants and that clueless Woodward guy then offers about 1/3 of their market value before moving onto his next target.

You don't think they'd ask Moyes, manager of Everton for 11 years who brought both of those players to the club and watched them develop, how much they might be worth?

Don't be naive.

Sooooo, you're going to bid for 2 players from Everton
You have the former Everton manager in the next room
&
You're NOT going to ask him what he thinks their value is AND what he thinks his former club might accept????

er OK.

THIS IS 100% MOYES.

& It's now emerging that the bid came on the eve of the new season. Classy

The thing is the offer implies that Moyes's input wasn't sought, or at least not listened to. There's no way Moyes would think we'd accept that offer for our two most important players.

Kenwright should be out right now in the media and saying that both players are flat out not for sale unless something ridiculous comes in, because we have no desire to decimate our squad two weeks before the start of a season.

It's that simple. The words "ridiculous bid required" need to be publicly stated. That way, Fellaini and Baines are aware that we won't stand in their way of leaving as long as the bidding club treat Everton with respect.

We're pragmatic about the situation, we understand that top players at the club will always be tempted by the bigger sides, but at the end of the day we're Everton, not feckin' Rotherham.

We all know BK will never do what you ask, but will cave in when a few more mill are added to the offer, so we sell two vital players to get the likes of McCarthy for 15 mill, am I missing something here.

It is a typical Man U stunt leaking details to the press to unsettle the players. If BK had any balls he should take up with the football bodies Man U's questionable behaviour and of course our EX.

Straws. Grasping at.

You don't think they'd ask Moyes, manager of Everton for 11 years who brought both of those players to the club and watched them develop, how much they might be worth?

Don't be naive.

I've just replied to someone else but he might've been asked but can you honestly see Moyes suggesting that figure and thinking it'd be accepted?

United have demonstrated all summer that they have suddenly decided to massively undervalue players.

Agenda. Pushing.

Not at all - it's not my fault the clown keeps doing daft things like bidding for two players at less than 2/3rds their obvious market value.

Moyes is gone, I have no need for an agenda against him. It's just that he won't go away, and his legacy is lasting and negative.

Everton havent confirmed anything.

They have really - club spokesman stating we rejected it out of hand. Maybe not confirming the amount but the media wouldn't be reporting the fee so prominently if they weren't certain.

Why waste time debating how much influence Moyes has over transfers at Utd? Nobody actually knows and I dare say it's irrelevant.

Straws. Grasping at.

There isn't a single football supporter in the country who think that'd be a fair price. What makes you think Moyes would've suggested £28m.

Even if he did it just implies he's naive, if you think about it, it would only really be taking the piss if we had to accept. Which we don't. In which case it doesn't matter. Not that I think this offer was anything to do with him.

What I dont really understand is why do Utd even want either of them? If they thought Fabrecas was the ideal player to improve the side, I dont see why they think Felli would bring the same dynamic that he would; and it isnt as if they have a serious weakness at LB either.

Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

Alan Myers
Director of Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back