Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

Alan Myers
Director of Communications

Yes Everton!!!!

**** off United

There isn't a single football supporter in the country who think that'd be a fair price. What makes you think Moyes would've suggested £28m.

Even if he did it just implies he's naive, if you think about it, it would only really be taking the piss if we had to accept. Which we don't. In which case it doesn't matter. Not that I think this offer was anything to do with him.

To unsettle the players and get Fellaini kicking off.

I've said time and time again, I have no issues whatsoever with Moyes bidding for top players, and Fellaini/Baines fall under that bracket, but he's treating the club with disrespect with the timing of the bid, even if you somehow don't believe he was involved with the value and wasn't consulted after managing the club for over a decade.

The bold bit - if you really believe this offer has nothing to do with Moyes then you really need to sit down and think through the level of bias in your post, because it's completely implausible.

Yep people need to remember that Moyes knows the club inside out for the whole of this season. He knows what Kenwright would accept, he knows Fellaini's Dad will be in his ear as soon as the news broken this morning.

The way i see it, it's the opposite, it's the club that leaked the story to the media, in fact, they leaked it to Greg O'Keeffe who is the most trusted journalist when it comes to Everton and was in the same plane with the squad to USA, they didn't leak it to any media, they did this on purpose and the timing was great too, if the piece was written on Friday it wasn't going to get as much attention as it is now due to the league starting on Saturday, they waited till Monday morning to make the story the biggest story of the day/week.

Everybody in the football world is making fun of Moyes and United due to the amount of the offer, so they (Moyes and United) are forced to counter, either by withdrawing from the transfer or by playing by OUR rules now, Kenwright, Martines or the club will not and should not comment, when/if asked about the offer, the reply will be "we received an offer that is way below our valuation and it was rejected right away, nothing more to see here", while all kind of questions will be asked to Moyes, he is the one cornered now.

As for Baines and Fellaini, nothing to worry about until they ask to be transfer listed, and it should be official request.

We are pretty much in control here and even if it happens in the deadline day, it's 2013 now, you can buy 5 players in less than 24 hours, Martines should take into consideration that we might lose Baines or Fellaini or both and he should have replacements lined up, that's his job even if he doesnt want to sell them.

As i said, the ball is in United's court now

Not at all - it's not my fault the clown keeps doing daft things like bidding for two players at less than 2/3rds their obvious market value.

They have really - club spokesman stating we rejected it out of hand. Maybe not confirming the amount but the media wouldn't be reporting the fee so prominently if they weren't certain.

We don't know it was him. I'm not denying he would have had an input, but he isn't the deciding vote in this.
His legacy is actually the team we put out on Saturday (minus Barkley if you want to save ourselves that argument).
Why waste time debating how much influence Moyes has over transfers at Utd? Nobody actually knows and I dare say it's irrelevant.
You may have a point here.

Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

Alan Myers

Bloody hell and there I was watching Martinez on Focus talking about no incoming bids. Poor Martinez. Hope he is good at this game.

Why waste time debating how much influence Moyes has over transfers at Utd? Nobody actually knows and I dare say it's irrelevant.

Even Moyes' most staunch critics like myself know that Moyes needs control of transfer policy. It's his one outstanding attribute.

There is no way on earth he takes the Man Utd job if he had no power over transfer policy, and it's stretching the realms of plausibility to suggest that a bid for two of his former players didn't involve him. In fact, I'd go as far as calling that claim utterly impossible.

Alan Myers
Well done, son.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty 2m

Strong statement from @Everton condemns Man Utd bid for Baines/Fellaini as "immediately rejected out of hand as derisory & insulting".

Moyes got us 27 million for Lescott three years ago, Baines and Fellaini are both better and more tv money these day, Man u are one of the mega rich clubs in the world and they offer 28 million? don't get that.

Alan Myers
I think I love Alan Myers for that. Seems quite an angry statement that, bodes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back