Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

EFC would like to place on record that we have, indeed, had all of yer mars at Manchester United.

Alan Myers
Director of Communications

Would have preferred a stronger tone to be honest.

Moyes got us 27 million for Lescott three years ago, Baines and Fellaini are both better and more tv money these day, Man u are one of the mega rich clubs in the world and they offer 28 million? don't get that.

Moyes knows better than anyone how desperate we are. Financially rotten to the core.
Hence he throws us crumbs..

There's a reason we want Kenwright to sell mate..

I don't think that either Fellaini or Baines are the type to demand a transfer. I expect that they will carry on professionally and, if the two clubs can agree a fee, take it from there.

Their offer doesn't make a lot of sense though. Even if they increased the £12m offer for Baines by £1m, it still only values Fellaini at the price we paid for him. It seems that they thought his £23.5m release clause was too high and they waited for it to expire hoping to get him more cheaply.

Their new CEO Ed Woodward is described as a "tough negotiator". It would seem that he's trying to make his mark. If you're United though you pay a premium for players: Powell (£6m), Jones (£17m), Valencia (£16.6m), Berbatov (£33.4m) etc. And they haven't even got to the point of bidding market value yet.

What's that got to do with valuing him at £18m?

And yes, I think he's fine with playing at Everton. He's had all summer to kick off, he hasn't. Not even one of his dads traditional interviews.

We all know he may go but £18m is arguably taking a third of his value for no reason at all, and we're now under two weeks from the deadline.

We should arguably be holding out for £30m if a club comes in with a desperate bid. We either sell properly or we don't sell at all at this stage of the season.

Would you not take £20m for him considering he is probably going to miss another 3 or 4 matches through suspension?
I don't think I'll ever get over the way he behaved in that 3-0 loss to Wigan last season.

Just missing the words "not for sale" isn't it really. In before £40m accepted at 10:30PM on the 2nd... (y)

Do we ever keep players who want to move tho? Rooney, Lescott and Mikel A. Baines might want to be the Left back for England in the next world cup and this move could clinch it for him over Cole so he will want this move. The only issue with him is his age but we have to stand firm cos he our best player and one of the best left back in the country, he is valued more then his worth. Not arsed about Fellaini but we still need a good price for him at least 20 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back