Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini apparently cost £17.5 million with 'add-ons'. If Utds bid is still £12 million for Baines, this would value Fellaini at £16 million, i.e. less than Moyes paid for him originally before he had any Premiership experience and was still pretty 'raw'. The bid is an insult, and has rightly been dismissed out of hand. The only thing tarnished here is Moyes' reputation.

Who would be paying Rooney's wages mate?

See quote "A little bit pie in the sky." I'm just talking about purely football reasons... I know these things can hardly be taken in isolation though. My brain is like putty today. Excuse me sir, I'll let myself out.

Get real lad, if he didn't suggest the offer which I would think he did then he's certainly had a say in it.
What does he get out of such a derisory bid, though? Except getting our backs up and therefore getting in the way of business.

No, I think he wants Baines and Fellaini and has simply said "get them for me."

Do we ever keep players who want to move tho? Rooney, Lescott and Mikel A. Baines might want to be the Left back for England in the next world cup and this move could clinch it for him over Cole so he will want this move. The only issue with him is his age but we have to stand firm cos he our best player and one of the best left back in the country, he is valued more then his worth. Not arsed about Fellaini but we still need a good price for him at least 20 million.

Yes however Rooney and Lescott were sold for top dollar - Arteta possibly underpriced, but he was already 29.

The statement made by the club today indicates to me that we would entertain offers but only of a certain value (hence the emphasis on the bid being insulting and derisory). I would suggest that value is 40m+ for the pair.

I dont think Man U are prepared to pay that, so I think they'll probably both stay.

Look at the way Baines face was when he was celebrating with Barkley on sat mate after the goal, i may be naiive but just dont see baines putting self before the team and wanting to go, ****s sake he turned down bayern a few years back, so in theory utd's a step down to what he could have had

He didn't want to leave the country (why he turned down Bayern). But this is only up the door. I do hope Baines would rather stay and become a Everton Legend and sees his career here.

Yes however Rooney and Lescott were sold for top dollar - Arteta possibly underpriced, but he was already 29.

The statement made by the club today indicates to me that we would entertain offers but only of a certain value (hence the emphasis on the bid being insulting and derisory). I would suggest that value is 40m+ for the pair.

I dont think Man U are prepared to pay that, so I think they'll probably both stay.

I think 40mill is even too low. I wouldn't take anything less than 50mill for the pair.

Fellaini apparently cost £17.5 million with 'add-ons'. If Utds bid is still £12 million for Baines, this would value Fellaini at £16 million, i.e. less than Moyes paid for him originally before he had any Premiership experience and was still pretty 'raw'. The bid is an insult, and has rightly been dismissed out of hand. The only thing tarnished here is Moyes' reputation.

I would love to see Moyes come out and explain their offer. Regardless of who sanctioned the offer, Moyes os now the face of United, and all that happens, he's in the frame for. I will not even give him a sideways glance any longer.

While at Everton, absolutely NOTHING happened without his expressed permission, this is how he bases his success. It is very unlikely that at the one place he has been trying to get to, he will change his tactics for management. he's comfortable in having teh final say, so he will continue to have the final say. Moyes has deffo sanctioned this offer, and fair play, but if he expects anything less than whats coming to him, then he's a fool.

Get real lad, if he didn't suggest the offer which I would think he did then he's certainly had a say in it.

...and as has been pointed out by the club source feeding the Echo: "Moyes knows the valuation for these two players...he should do, because he was the one who set them".

What does he get out of such a derisory bid, though? Except getting our backs up and therefore getting in the way of business.

No, I think he wants Baines and Fellaini and has simply said "get them for me."

He unsettles the players hoping one or both will request a transfer meaning we aren't in as strong a position to demand £££.

It's pretty obvious to me.

Went tbe club shop saturday to get a name on shirt the girl says who you after so I replied 'baines' she said 'I wouldnt bother'

Latest statement from Moyes

" We bid 28 million for the pair, I'm bringing my top of the range swiss army knife to the knife party at Goodison.

When I said we don't sell cheap at Everton, I meant to say we sell what we can at Everton "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back