Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He unsettles the players hoping one or both will request a transfer meaning we aren't in as strong a position to demand £££.

It's pretty obvious to me.

Even if one or both of them requested to be transferred, nothing in the World makes us sell them on the cheap, what a club values one of its players is irrelevant to what the player wants.

we couldn't afford Rooney wages but get him on loan as a sweetener and pay 50% of his wages and also 20 million for Fellaini.

If Moyes is not complicit in this "bid" then he had better beware the Ides of March.

If things like this are happening without either his knowledge or his approval then it does not augur well for his tenure at Old Trafford.

The ground is being cut from under him already if this is the case.

This is my sense of what's happening. I keep thinking of Kim Jong-un.

Went tbe club shop saturday to get a name on shirt the girl says who you after so I replied 'baines' she said 'I wouldnt bother'

Only cause she can't spell, and reckons you'd look a state with Bayens on your shirt.

I mean, christ, she couldn't even Spell Wemberley, or Dueolfoue

Notice in Myers statement he doesn't say "not for sale."

If they offer us something like 45m and the players ask to leave then we're not in the strongest position.

We've set our stall out so that we either retain the players or receive lots of money for them. I'm ok with that.

Just had an email back from Alan Myers saying the club statement is how all of them (Everton staff) feel.

It's great that were showing some backbone with Alan leading the charge.

I hope we show the same backbone when it gets to £35m. It's not difficult to laugh it off when it is derisory.

Last edited:

I have seen it on here and heard it on talk sport that Moysie doesn't have anything to do with transfer negotiations at Man UTD. Its down to their new CEO. I agree with all this but he must have been aware of the initial offer they were going to make. However !!!!! What was Moysie's value of these two players at the beginning of last season? IF you don't know Man Utd (CEO) ill tell you. The current market value on the back of their best seasons ever for club and country and with inflation at 2.8% Your going to have to come in at £50 million. All the players we were linked with in the past is there any wonder we never got em.

All well and good, but the value of them is what we are willing to sell at. I know people are fuming about the 28 million pound bid, but its all a game of brinkmanship now. Why go on at 40 million with the first bid, the Glazers are known for getting the best possible deal for themselves and it does not take a brain scientist to realise the financial mess this club is in.

They are testing the waters, hoping to cause a bit of unrest. We have fired the first shot in the PR game, lets see if we can back it up.

That's because we're not deluded Kopite whoppers.

They are for sale, we all accept that. It's the "how much are they for sale for" part which is up for discussion.

Exactly, every player at the club is for sale - for the right price (same as at any other club ). No point putting a "not for sale" quote on there to be laughed at if someone comes in with a more realistic offer that makes financial sense to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back