Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording of that statement doesn't exactly fill you with hope the club won't sell. It leaves other bids open.

'David Moyes, the United manager, sanctioned the offer for his two former players at the end of last week but Everton instantly turned it down.' - The Grauniad.

So his hands aren't clean in this one.

I dare say when this is settled we'll see an offer of well over 35M for the pair. That's bad enough, but it's the timing of this that stinks too. United can ease new players into their set up in due course, seeing first team football only when they're up to speed because of the depth of their squad; we, on the other hand, will be struggling to slowly bed in a couple using what we have minus Baines and Fellaini. It'll take us until Christmas to get over this disruption. The new faces (hopefully) will take time to feel their way in to the club and get to know their new team-mates. It really is a massive boot in the bollocks.

The wording of that statement doesn't exactly fill you with hope the club won't sell. It leaves other bids open.

And I'm 100% ok with that. For the right price. Every player in the league has his price. Whether the buying club match it is the only variable.

XZZjPOk.jpg

United's opening bid was derisory and pathetic. Everton have said as much.

Everton will not now accept 3-4m more as it makes their statement of the offer being derisory and insulting look completely hollow.

United will not now add another 14m on top of that as they will end up looking ridiculous and desperate. The offer was that bad it has made them subject to ridicule.

I personally think this is over for now unless any of the players put in a request.

I don't know why people think Moyes's input in these bids is minimal. At the very very least, Moyes will have told Woodward who he wants, his knowledge of the contracts of those players, and the monetary value he has in mind.

I'm also sure that if Moyes requested it, United would have pounced for Fellaini before his clause expired. They didn't .. why? Because something DM knows must make him believe they'll land their targets on the cheap.

And I'm 100% ok with that. For the right price. Every player in the league has his price. Whether the buying club match it is the only variable.

Exactly this^^ It doesn't matter whether a club says a certain player is or isn't for sale, it won't stop bids coming in for them. Barca said Fabregas wasn't for sale, it didn't stop Man Utd making further bids. I'm pretty sure Barca would have sold if their value was met.

Even if one or both of them requested to be transferred, nothing in the World makes us sell them on the cheap, what a club values one of its players is irrelevant to what the player wants.

This is Everton with Kenwright at the helm, we can't afford to keep a player who doesn't want to be here, if Fellaini is valued at 25m and puts in a transfer request you can guarantee we will just want him out the door and replaced ASAP.

If he does do it I can see him going for about 20m.

United's opening bid was derisory and pathetic. Everton have said as much.

Everton will not now accept 3-4m more as it makes their statement of the offer being derisory and insulting look completely hollow.

United will not now add another 14m on top of that as they will end up looking ridiculous and desperate. The offer was that bad it has made them subject to ridicule.

I personally think this is over for now unless any of the players put in a request.

Maybe that is the end game for United, they hoped for Baines to rock the boat earlier in the summer with no joy. So now, they have thrown Felli into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back