Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
BSB_ueUCMAAk0oT.jpg:large

Pahahahahaha!!!!

Moyes is in danger of losing all the respect he has built up with Evertonians over this. £50m minimum and we must hold out for that. I just worry about the replacements if I`m honest...

Matrinez does have players to apprach but will he have enough time when the clubs and agents get involved?

MF threw his toys out the pram last week when he said "he wasn,t made aware of the offer" well Everton have fixed that now so what will he do next hand in a tranfer request?

Crappy 2 weeks ahead - incremental bids to come.

Easy this one! He now knows, he can hand a request in if he wants to.

If he wants to he needs to do it now.

Baines will not hand one in.

This would obviously depend on whether Rooney would be willing to take huge wage cut to join us, but we are his boy-hood club lets not forget and he wants out at United.
Would you guys take Felly + Baines for Rooney + £5M?
I think I would.

The timing of it is one of the things that p1sses me off most. Moyes hated teams bidding for our players late on in the window (city with Lescott) and he even wrote the expiry date into fellainis buy out clause so that if he went we would have time to replace him before the season. Yet once again he has been a hypocrite and tried to fcuk us over! Everton don't sell cheap David, that was your catchphrase, remember it!

It's a hypocritical act to say the least.

I hope we manage to hold our nerve here, but the omens aren't good.

Stick your hand down the front of your kecks Bill, there's got to be a pair in there somewhere, grab hold & don't let go until the 2nd Sept.

Behave, of course he was fully aware of the bid & it's level. He's the manager ffs, ultimately it's him who will live & die by his signings & it is him, who will apportion the 'value' to those signings.

He's not going to say, "get me Jelavic", & then the CEO wanders back a week later, saying "I got your man Davie, I paid £50m for him, is that alright like?"

WEll you're being silly now. I did say that managers probably give a maximum figure but the minimum figure is probably left to the money men. It's the same with all industries, i.e the architect doesn't tell the financers how much the building should cost.

But like I say even if he was aware, why does it even matter? And the fact it was just so ridiculous leads me to think that it wasn't anything to do with him.

United have to pay a premium because they are both so important to our team, take them both out and we're not much better than Norwich or West Brom. To think Moyes would think this offer would even be considered just defies common sense.

They're like the Hitler Youth fighting off the Red Army in Berlin...they know they're wrong and on a hiding to nothing but they've been indoctrinated never to question their leader.

It's a bizarre state of affairs - that's why I'm questioning the logic you're imposing. It doesn't make a lot of sense however you look at it.

And thanks for the Nazi comparison, chief.

They're like the Hitler Youth fighting off the Red Army in Berlin...they know they're wrong and on a hiding to nothing but they've been indoctrinated never to question their leader.
It was a matter of time before Nazi Germany got brought up wasn't it?

Matrinez does have players to apprach but will he have enough time when the clubs and agents get involved?

MF threw his toys out the pram last week when he said "he wasn,t made aware of the offer" well Everton have fixed that now so what will he do next hand in a tranfer request?

Crappy 2 weeks ahead - incremental bids to come.

Until such as time as their valuation matches ours. On numerous occasions now Martinez has said "We do not have to sell". Maybe if we want to bring in extra players, we will have to. However, our squad right now is stronger than it was last year.

Plus, Fellaini never threw his toys out of the pram at all. He was asked by the press what he thought of the offer, he simply said "I am not aware of any offer" Which is, incidentally the exact same line that Everton have been saying, there had been no offers for Everton players at that time.

Regardless of whether Fellaini hands in a transfer request or not, we still do not have to sell till his contract is up.

Looks like Moyes is at a knife fight with a rifle, but the soft [Poor language removed] has forgotten his bullets.

On the timing issue, he did come in with an early bid for Baines, albeit a stupidly low one. I think the bid for Fellaini is as a result of being spurned by pretty much every other midfielder in Europe.

This would obviously depend on whether Rooney would be willing to take huge wage cut to join us, but we are his boy-hood club lets not forget and he wants out at United.
Would you guys take Felly + Baines for Rooney + £5M?
I think I would.
Forget that fat cart. He's on 250k a week, even if he reduced his wages by a half we still couldn't come close. He's not even that good. 500m for the pair or they can get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back