Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us be clear, Woodward does not decide what players Man U want to sign, it has to come from the manager and ergo there must be a discussion.

Agreed, that's Ed Woodward as I said. But Moyes would have sanctioned a bid of that value by agreeing the lower and higher end of the estimates.

They'll come back with an "improved" offer no doubt but that's not the point - Moyes would have had the power to stop such a derisory and untimely bid going in.

Here's the conversation:

"Hi David, we're bidding £12m for Baines, £16m for Felli, we'll let you know how it goes."

"Errr... Sound."

Well what was the alternative?

"err.. if you do that I'm going to come round to your house and beat your kids with a baseball bat" ??

Good stuff Alan, stopped short of saying we're gonna fire bomb Old Trafford but you can sense the anger is building.

I love the fact he has thrown in a comment about the timing of it aswell. We truly should throw in a bid for Rooney now, and a serious one, one that will get them thinking. Surely Rooneys ears would prick up at knowing we could actually seriously consider it, even if Stretfords dont......

Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.
Alan Myers
Director of Communications

Code:
Everton can confirm we LOL'd at a cracking opening bid from UTD for Fro & Bainsey, listen Minge we don't to sell, its likely that Billy will be rubbing his hands with glee currently, so we expect you'll be back in a week or so to further unsettle our lads, we don't want any gash players in exchange like Anderson OK.

We didn't publicly acknowledge the bid cos we spewed it on the opening day, you may recall Ross smashing one in against Norwich ( you remember Ross, right?)

Anyway, 

Do one Minge.

Myers x

Well what was the alternative?

"err.. if you do that I'm going to come round to your house and beat your kids with a baseball bat" ??

How about "I don't think that'll get it done Ed - I can appreciate wanting to get them as cheap as possible but I'd suggest an opening gambit of X."

Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

Alan Myers
Director of Communications

Bizarro world. Everton FC in smart PR move!

Can't wait for the increased fabregas type offer of £30m plus Bebe.

How about "I don't think that'll get it done Ed - I can appreciate wanting to get them as cheap as possible but I'd suggest an opening gambit of X."

They probably didn't even tell him. And might have said precisely that if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back